cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To get the IP address or Terminal name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to find from which PC / IP address a transaction is created/changed by a user?

Thanks n Regards

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Use t.code SM04. It will all the user logged on to the server with their list of user names. Which transaction codes they are working actively.System number on the network which they are working on.

Hope this helps.

Reward points if is useful

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

t-code al08 is even better, as you can see all sessions.

kind regards,

carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kishore,

One doubt. Will it give me the details of past transaction?

For example if I want to know who has created a transaction which pertains to 2 months back.

Regards

Shiva

AndreasVogel
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use ST03N - Transaction Profile to get the users for a particular transaction code. And you can use the ST03N Frontend Profile to find out more about a particular terminal ID.

The advantage of ST03N is the availability of historic data (from the last few weeks and months).

Kind Regards,

Andreas Vogel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii Shiva,

use the tcode se16 and there you enter the table name"usr41" and press enter, you will get another screen there you simply press the execute button.

It will give you the details of ip address of pc, host name, and users are logon in which instance/

Regards

Saleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Salim,

Thanks for the help. But it gives me the details of last logon date. What I want is details of past transaction. Suppose a person created a sales order on 1st Dec 2006, How do I get from which terminal he passed this on 1st Dec 2006.

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI sIVA

I find Mr Andreas has given yoiu the reply. Can you not see the IP address of the machine where a user had run a txn in the past by his method? I do not see you replying to him. Since I am not in the SAP team now I am not able to check. But please do confirm as I am looking for an answer too.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

to view currently login users in SAP Production server you can use T-Code SM04 , when you click on a single user it will show you different sessions the user is using.

To view which report is being executed by Server currently use T-Code SM50, in this you can change the layout and can see details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can view all the transaction executed at a particular interval by a particular user @ ST03N > Transaction profile.

and in SM21, we can view the system log. in this we can view who has done what. more over if the user is a dialog user, it will give the host name of the system from which it is executed.

with this we can trace, who has worked on wht.

hope this info helps you.

with regards,

Rajesh.

<i> award suitable points </i>.