cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys

i m doing a file to Mail scenario in which i have to send mail in report format and assign the receivers dynamically,i m making use of /people/community.user/blog/2006/09/07/email-reporting to send mail in report format and /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address to assign receiver dynamically but m kinda lost in hoe should i combine these two scenarios,what will be the structure of my source and target message be?

can anyone help me in deciding how will my source and target datatypes look like?

thanx and really appreciate ur help

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

As a starting point just put 2 or 3 fields like lastname, firstname, city in your input structure. And for the mail message use as michael described with From, To, Subject and content. This is the simplest thing to do as starting point. Later you can configure to have as many fields as you want in the report but i first i would suggest using 2 or 3 fields.

--Archana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your structure is dependent upon the messages that you want to import and export. What file formats are you trying to use?

If you are trying to follow Michal Krawczyk's Mail Adapter weblog then take a look at the XML message in his blog, it has fields <subject><to><from><content>. It appears that he imported an Email structure from an XSD, but there is no reason you can't create that structure yourself in the IR.

As for the weblog by Prakash Arunachalam, he provides an XML structure in his weblog at the bottom I believe.

Message was edited by:

Harrison Holland

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

actually i m trying to send some material master data along with dynamic recepient address

can you please give me a rough idea about how will my source and target structure look like?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

then you can use few fields like in source

Material_MT

---Material Number

---Material Name

---Materila Type

---UnitOfMeasure

Target would be

Mail_MT

-

From

-

To

-

Subject

-

Content (This should contain the above 4 fields)

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on the material master data format you want to use, you could import and XSD that is generated from R/3. If you want to follow the format of MATMAS03 or MATMAS05 or something like that, you can create one from transaction WE60 in R/3, or you can use one of the imported IDoc structures in XI.