cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way of creating CIF integration Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could any one please explain me the best practice of creating Integration model to CIF master data and transaction data from R3 to APO.

I mean........

1. Whether all materials should be created with one Integration model or

2 Each material should have one integration model with all other master data (PPM, Resources etc..) and transaction data (Plnd order, PIR, etc....) associated with it.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a question about Integration Models. I have cretaed test integration model without any problem but when I tried to simulate Live Integration, I couldn't manage to schedule a job for creation of Integration Model. I can schedule a job for activating IM but not for creating... My aim is to be able to add the new objects to the current IM automatically after the initial transfer... So that I will not need to create always IM's manually to keep the APO system updated

Does anybody has idea about this issue,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Ergul,

You can generate and activate an intgration model. The data in the model automatically gets transferred to APO. In CFC9, you can specify when the transfer should happen. For more information see wiki in SDN @ My Home > Supply Chain Management > ...Main > Advanced Planning Optimization > CIF

I suggest posting this a new post as you get more answers than this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Thanks for your prompt answer... But it didn't help my problem. Let me explain in detail.

1. I have created a Material IM with the selection criteria of material type ABF and in initial transfer I have transfered the materails that match the criteria (Lets say Mat. A)

2. Then in the R/3 I have created another another material (Mat. B) with the material type ABF and I have changed the material type of an existing material (Mat. C) as ABF as well.

3. In this case both material B and C as well should be included in the IM as well.

4. As I read this is only possible when you create a new version of the current IM.

5. When I consider the real life, someone can not create a new version of IM everyday so there should be a scheduled job for it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/97/954d3baf755b67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

This is the link that I have utilized but some information is missing...

If you can help it will appreciated. Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

If you need the on-line transfer of material master from R/3 to APO, you can achieve the same by having value 2 (BTE transfer, immediately) in CFC9 transaction under change transfer of master data.

However, the general practice followed is to have value 1-Periodic transfers. This means that periodically CFM1 and CFM2/CFM3 transactions for transferring the material masters from R/3 to APO.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Murali.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

When you say periodically does that mean you make periodic job MANUALLY or you schedule some jobs in APO to be able run CFM1 and CFM3 periodically.

Actually I can schedule job for activating IM (CFM3) and deleting old version (CFM7) but I CAN NOT schedule creating new version (CFM1). Without scheduling an automatic job for creating IM the CFM3 and scheduled CFM7 are meaningless as well. Is there a way to schedule a job for creating a IM?

May be I have a missing information in CFC9, when I select "1" for materials in this transaction do you know what the system exactly does?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I mean manual execution of job CFM1 when I say "Periodically". In our business scenario, before the planning runs (which is monthly), we execute the CFM1 transaction and then run CFM3 in background. By this, you have better control over what is being transferred to APO.

Regards,

Murali.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, then do you use the CFP1 manually or scheduled by system to make the changes in already existing Master Data in APO?

What I do not undersatnd is the what is usage of CFC9. I set as "1" (ALE Change Transfer, Periodic) for material master but I do not know how the system use this data if I transfer the changes with CFP1 and new objects with CFM1.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Your question is an eye opener for me. We have never used CFP1 since we have gone live with APO almost for 2 years.

Any changes in master also get captured as when we do CFM1 transaction, followed by CFM2 or CFM3. However, we have used CFP3 periodically (also almost monthly once) to capture the changes in PPM.

Our understanding of CFC9 is that when we select option 1, change pointers get captured and gets transferred, when we do CFM1 and if it is blank, change pointer would not get captured. Off course, we avoid BTE transfer (on line)- option 2.

Hope this explanation helps you in some way.

Regards,

Murali.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is strange, I was able to send the change in master data with CFP1 and CFM1 without selecting option 1 in CFC9...

Anyway thanks a lot for your help, I tried give you some reward points but I couldn't find from where I can do it. So, if you explain I can give you some reward points. ( Indeed I am sure if they are useful or not)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I am giving below the message for awarding points.

"How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it.

In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the

stars to the left."

Regards,

Murali.J

0 Kudos

Hi Sagi,

you may please look at a recent <a href="/people/somnath.manna/blog/2006/12/31/demystifying-cif--part-ii posted by me on this subject.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santanu,

Thanks for elaborating Integration model.

We have approx 400 FG products which are being planned in APO.

So as per your suggestion i will create Ing model for each master data object.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagi,

As far as I know there is no benchmark for integration models. But there are some general rules.

1. The general sequence for integration model is always Plants, Materials, Resources, PPMs, Transportation lanes and then your transaction data models.

2. The number of integration models are dependent on a number of factors:

- How many materials do you have and how are they classified.

- How often does your master data change.

- How do you transfer your changes ie periodic or immidiate.

- Whats the frequency of your planning process.. effects your transaction data models.

3. The integration models should have proper naming convention so that they are easy to identify. Also proper variants needs to be defined so that incremental data is not missed out or old data is deactivated by mistake.

4. The objective is to keep both the number of models and the processing time of activation/deactivation of models as low as possible.

Hope this helps. You can also get back if you have some specific queries.

Regards

Santanu Dawn