cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver class name configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP J2EE admins,

I installed the Sneak Preview of the J2EE engine and tried to configure a JDBC system

in my portal but the connection tests thru connecto is failing but works fine with the DQE.

According to the help document, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/29/acd8403e37762ae10000000a155106/content.htm,

it states that "The connection can fail because either the connection URL or the driver class name is not configured correctly." but doesn't state how the configuration is done.

The MSsql driver seems to be deployed already since the DQE works fine. Now, I wanna

know how to check my JDBC driver configuration. Where and how should I check if the

driver class name "com.sap.portals.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver" is properly configured

or not?

Thanks

Baduy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first, the DQE connection test seems to work even though some connection props

are wrong. so i don't think that DQE connection test result itself would mean that

your connector & drivers are properly configured. try checking if the mssql*.jar files

are properly deployed. for sneak preview, only MAXDB can be used.

if you wanna really check this out, try to look for the com.sap.portals.jdbcdrivers.sda

file and check the provider.xml in it. you will find what jar files were deployed.

i had the same problem as you have... and i had gave up... i think the sneak preview

edition is really meant for "previewing" purpose, and not really as a development

platform.

goodluck

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any tool that I can use to view the contents of an SDA

archive?

Regards

Bady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baduy,

SDA archive is just ZIP file, so you can use WinZip or WinRAR to view its content. Nested EAR / JAR files are ZIP archives as well.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Answers (0)