Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Commit RFC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have a file-rfc-file scenario.After this XI needs to call the commit rfc

QIRF_SEND_COMMIT_TO_QM.From the forum i came to know that it can be done in RFC receiver Advanced mode.But my doubt is do we have to call this commit RFC just like any other RFC's?....i mean do i create datatypes,Messagetypes in Design.

Also i have XI with less than SP14...how to go abt with RFC wrapper?

can anybody throw some light on this

thanks,

Nisheeta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you calling a BAPI or an RFC from XI?

If you are calling an RFC, then the commit can be handled in the RFC code itself on the SAP system.

IF you are calling a BAPI then it needs to be handled in XI.

As you are below SP14, you would need to write a wrappper RFC that calls this BAPI and commits the same.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh,

I am using a commit RFC.And as specified by you,i have to write a wrapper RFC.My doubt still remains that if i am calling the wrapper RFC what all do i need to do in the desigh part?

Will it be just the same as any other RFC?Do i need to know the import n export parameters for this?

Plz clarify my doubts

regards,

Nisheeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nisheetha,

You need not do anything special in design.

If u r not using a wrapper BAPI,then

In Configuration of Receiver RFC Communication channel use Advanced Option and select commit Handling option.This option can be used if ur using XI 3.0 sp14 and above .

But since u r using wrapper BAPI, this option does not make any difference.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As specified above if youa re using a standard BAPI then you can activate the parameter in the receiver adapter to do COMMIT WORK for you.

If you are using wrapper RFC then you just need to code COMMIT WORK after the BAPI call.

Regards

vijaya