cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPNetWeaver04_SP16Preview installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've downloaded all four SAP Netweaver 4 .rar files and extract them into one folder that contains four new folders for each rar file.Installation process been started from SAPinst.bat file which is available in first .rar file extracted folder.

At the beginning of installation i got these errors....

ERROR 2007-01-02 09:44:01

FSL-06002 Error 123 (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

) in execution of a 'NetServerGetInfo' function, line (233), with parameter (., 101).

ERROR 2007-01-02 09:44:01

MOS-01224 Unable to add privileges 'SeTcbPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege' to account 'HAROON\hazmat' on host '.'.

though i'm installing with administrator user having all that privileges set.Please let me know what could be good fix of that problem or what would be the better way to trace out that problem.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon Azmat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the configuration of your loopback (should have IP 10.10.0.10). In your host file you should have entries like 10.10.0.10 <your_host_name> and also 127.0.0.1 localhost.

If you have the possibility to connect to a network (PC to PC is enough), try it with that.

Also check that your path to the installation files contains no spaces (is always a problem with Java things).

And one more question, SAPInst comes up? And if yes in what phase you get this error?

regards

daniel

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The name of the host or the domain that you are specifying doesn't seem to be correct, what is the hostname you are specifying while installing , hope you are doing a local install.

Have i missed something:

It has something to do with the hostname or domain name.

I even found an SAP Note on the same:

Note 998631 - Error 1337 (The security ID structure is invalid.)

Check the above note, you would see what i mean.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

just let me the URL for getting that SAP note to understand properly what you advised.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the tool to clean registry , read the readme.txt first before running the tool.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/business_packages/a1-8-4/nw/regcleantools.rar">reg Clean Tool</a>

For checking the note: http://service.sap.com/notes

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh ,

I'm specifying hostname = computer name which is "haroon" and the ipaddress is that adresss that i put in TCP/IP configuration,10.0.0.100.There is no entry in DNS Server as i dont have that.

Is that fine or need to put something else.

Thanx in advance

Haroon

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi haroon,

Hope you have selected Local installation while starting the install. When you select local installation it will not ask for Domain name and hence it will not try to check DNS server.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

i'm getting same error messages agian just at the start so i'm not able get the screen where i select local installation or remote.Apart from that i have tried to install Netweaver after running regcleaning tool i'm afraid the error messages are same there is not effect our changes to install process.Could you please send me email address so i send sapinst_dev.log file that i found C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST. When i start installation the installer created this dir and copies some files into this folder and throws error messages that i shown you at the start of this thread.so what do u suggest me to do at this point.

Please bear with me and help me out to get rid of this problem, i would really appritiate you to struggle with the fix of this problem.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should verify your TCP/IP settings using the following steps:

From to command line run :

"hostname" -> this should return your computer name.

"ping <hostname>" -> run the ping command with the computer name returned by the previous "hostname" command. This should return the IP_Address of your computer,

"ping -a <IP_Address> -> this is a reverse lookup of your IP_Address. Note that the return of this command should match exactly the returm of the previous "ping"

Also, verify that your ..\etc\hosts file contain an entry similar to the one below

<IP_Address> <hostname>.domain

for example

10.0.0.1 haroon.mydomain.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I already test these commands and it works fine on my system. Any othere suggestion to get rid of this tricky problem.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like your install program is not able to determine the hostname, try the command 'hostname' in the Windows command console and see if it returns the name of your machine.

If not check if your DNS server is reachable.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siddhesh,

"hostname" command works fine on my local pc.So what do i need to do at this point.

Thanks in advance,

Haroon Azmat

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check if you can ping your DNS server, the install program might be trying to determine your hostname from DNS.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

I don't ve DNS server installed.Apart from that i'm installing on my standalone PC.There is no networking out here just installing for my personal practice at my local pc who is stand alone computer.

Thanx in advance,

Haroon Azmat

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case have you installed the MS Loopback adapter as specified in the install guide and after install please check if MS Loopback adapter is pinging.

Please find the installation guide and steps for MS Loopback adapter here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/eea83e34-0801-0010-46a2-e83...

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanx for the prompt replies.i'm not installing SAP Netweaver 2004s ABAP so do i still required to ve MS Loopback?

Note:

I'm installing SAP NetWeaver 04 SP16 full Java edition trial which downloded from this site.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Thanx in advance,

Haroon Azmat

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot say for sure, but i suspected that the installer is looking for hostname and if its not found, its probably trying to check DNS.

You can try the MS Loopback adapter if it resolves well and good.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

I've installed the MS loopback and configure it according to PDF.I didn't put anything in DNS server in TCP/IP settings would that be fine? second it is pinging right then i start the installation but i'm afraid i've same error messages so what i need to do at this stage?

Thanx in advance,

Haroon Azmat

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

Have you started with a clean install, by running the RegClean Tool ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

I did't start with RegClean tool how do i install with that and clear the registries before installing it.Because i found previous entries related to SAP Netweaver in the registry.

Thanx in advance

Haroon