cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - ABAP programming quick start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am a begginer and I must write a simple program with ABAP languague to my interview. I have got some problems with start.

I have already installed:

Business Explorer, SAP Front End, MAXDB, SAP Netweaver 2004s trial version and SAP menagement console, and i dont know whitch apllication go start.

Has anybody tell me easy how to start programming with ABAP on SAP platform? I know that there are a lot of articles, quides etc, but there are to many information and i feel lost.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check these threads..

http://www.allsaplinks.com/

Hope this helps !!

Cheers

Alfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for links but i have a problems with configuration.

I am read over some instructions where tolds a presentation server named SAPGUI.EXE is required to start. If i run it, i have got an error parsing sap command line...examples connect to appServ etc.. I think i must start first, a server and after connect to it with SAP Logon, but i don't know which application can i do this.

Many of that touturials said's about things required other things which not explained. I am a noob and i dont want suddenly learn everything. I need some quick explain how to link every required applications to can write small abap program. (in company presentation i saw somebody open one application, look like portal or explorer, click two times and can write in abap, so it is really difficult to basic configure required applications???)

please explain me it in few sentences.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why anybody doesn't anaswer me? i just wanna know how to logon to sap application server by SAP LOGON application. i don't know what i must write in text boxes named 'sap server', 'System ID', 'sap gui' etc. SAP LOGON can't find any server automaticaly. what i should to do? anybody has got a touturial? how to know what is my sap id, password and other parameters? please help me

Message was edited by:

Dominik x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

I donno where you are trying to setup this logon, but to setup a client in the logon pad you need to have the client description, Application server (nothing but IP address), SAP system type (like R/3 or R/2) and system number (like 00). If you are trying to set this up at work, i am sure that admin's can help you. If you are trying to set up at home, then i am afraid you need to have access to any one of the servers and details or their client numbers.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

i can't start server in localhost (at home) ? if i can, (i tried run application server but i see only winxp console a few seconds) how can i know my id and other parameters???

Answers (0)