cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a radiobuttongroupbykey mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can set the required field for inputfield, textedit and checkbox by using "labelfor" attribute of "Label" UI element.

But I <b>can not set the "labelfor" attribute for the radiobuttongroupbykey</b>. <b>( I have changed the state of this radiobuttongroupbykey to required)</b>

Anyone knows how to achieve this??

thanks,

Zita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zita,

what do want to achieve?

Regarding the Label: A RadioButtonGroupByKey always has to be bound this way: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/86/16e13d82fcfb34e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

The values you have to define specify the labels of the radio buttons. That's why you cannot set the labelfor property of a Label to a RadioButtonGroupByKey.

You don't need to set something to mandatory, because the definition of radio buttons include that there has one to be selected. If you bind the RadioButtonGroupByKey as stated in the documentation this will work automatically.

Kind Regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

By setting the state property to required only marks the * beside to UI to indicate the mandotory,but no validation will take place on its own.

Code in required to write to check this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zita,

Try setting the "state" property value to "required"

Regards, ANilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ANilkumar,

Thanks for your reply. I have set the state property of the radiobuttongroupbykey to "required", but my problem is that I can not find the radiobuttongroupbykey element in the drop down list of "labelfor" property of the label.

Zita