cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn Mobile Infrastructure or not ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am an SAP Portal consultant working in US and pretty much interested in learning Mobile Infrastructure. But there is no training offered in US for mobile infrastructure courses. I have contacted sap education and they say that MI is not in demand in US, so they have stopped training. So I am in a dilemma whether to learn MI or not ???. MI training is only available in Europe. I am ready to fly to Europe to take this training. What future does MI have in US ??? Are there any jobs going to be available in the near future in US ??? Please advise.

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Mobile Application Development has made a breakthough in recent years. I see everything mobilized. Mobilizing Business; you call it SAP MI.

I am a Mobile Application Developer since last 2 years. It has become famous and quite a buzz word in a few Asian countries and many Europian countries. I see lot of opportunities budding up.

Since you are already know EP, Learning MI should be a cakewalk for you. I donot see the need for you to fly to Europe to learn. you can find enough stuff at 'sdn' and 'help' that is rather more than enough. you find example too.

let me know if you need any help to start learning SAP MI. Assign points if it was helpful.

Rgds

Divya

sarrajudivya@aim.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello tom,

MI is not that hard to learn. I think it is the smallest component compared to other

major ones like XI, BI or EP and self-study would suffice. here are some of the

materials that you can refer to for your studies.

http://jogel.blogspot.com/2006/07/learning-sap-mi.html

regarding the future of MI, mmm, this is a little hard to foresee. but with the widespread

of the wireless connection, users seems to prefer for online mobile solutions or

smart clients (just like Outlook) than a completely offline solution and this is what

i have observed here in japan where wireless internet connection can be easily

achieved when in the field. in the US, well, you might have to look on trends of the

mobile projects and architectures.

regards

jo