cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message limit exceeded error thrown by Adobe and field becomes blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing a strange problem with Adobe Forms.

We've created custom MSS scenario to suit customer requirements. In that we are required to display drop down values.

All drop down values and form is displayed <b>correctly the first time</b> i.e. when MODE='CREATE' and EVENT=space. When we click on 'Review' button to review form, a server round trip with 'CHECK' event is correctly performed. However a strange error "Message limit exceeded. Remaining 8 errors not reported." is thrown by Adobe Reader. After clicking 'Ok' all fields on form are cleared.

This message is somehow related to drop downs as I've 8 drop downs on my form. (Checked by removing one drop down and then message came as 7 errors not reported.)

Is it possible that error is being caused by some values in 'ADDITIONAL_DATA' table? Reason is when I removed one set of values (drop down values for one field), form seems to work without error. But there is <b>nothing wrong in values</b> for those drop downs

We are on

NW2004s SP9

Adobe Livecycle Designer 7.1.3129

Adobe Reader 7.0.5

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which config. table do u maintain the ASCII 150?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I'm having getting the same message error in my interactive form.

I set manually the values of the ISR parameter, with no special characters. Which are the tables that should be changed?

Thanks,

Marta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. It was a problem with the script associated to the dropdown list object. I've simply removed the script, and now it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marta

Which script are you talking about? Is it the standard script or custom? Currently I am getting the same error.

Regards,

Sarita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally got the solution. It was very simple as compared to the problem.

Firstly the problem, in one of the configuration tables description consisted of "–" (ASCII 150) and not "-" (ASCII 45). On looking at it, it appeared exactly the same. I guess drop down values cannot consist characters from extended character set.

Solution was simple, just replaced ASCII 150 with ASCII 45 and rest all worked fine.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amit,

That's great.

Hope this solution will be useful for many of us in future.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>