cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Mail Adapter issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying FILE-TO-MAIL ADAPTER senorio

I have file contains following data(more than one row data in file)

emailaddress,subject, content

I used receiver Data type

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000361852004E/ximail30_xsd.txt

If text file is only one record it is sending mails as mail defininition is 1..1 in ximail30_xsd

I changed the mail definition in ximail30_xsd to 0...unbounnd and recreate the external definition andcreated interface based on external definition.

I am getting validation error.

please advice me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to send across multiple mails for multiple rows of data, you could use multimapping.

If the entire content needs to be in one mail, you could write a udf, to concatenate all the rows to a single content field in the target.

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>I changed the mail definition in ximail30_xsd to 0...unbounnd and recreate the external definition andcreated interface based on external definition.</i>

Maybe you can consider using MultiMapping to send the multiple Mails out of XI.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Is this what you want?

Regards

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u have gone thru this blog-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

btw, what is the error ?

Where are you getting this error in Mapping ??

this blog will give some hints-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

Regards,

Moorthy

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the mail adapter section in the series /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii that might clear your doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does your XSD structure look like? It's possible that more than one definition needs to be changed to 0..unbounded