cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the master Data in SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question. Even though its a naive question please bear with me.

what are the master data in SAP SD.

These are the one's i know.

1) Customer Master Data

2) Material Master Data

But what i want to know is does the following ones come under master data?

1) Price master data

2) Transporters master data(we are using transportation management)

3) Route master data

4) Customer material info records

5) Credit master data(iam using credit management)

What will be the master data for Transportation management(module), CIN(country India version), credit management & rebate processing

Thanks for your valuable time & knowledge.

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically the main master data in Sales and Distribution:

Customer Master Data

Material Master Data

Output Master Data

Incompletion Log

Condition Master Data in Pricing

Taxes

For logistics can be as follows:

Routes

Data for shipping/packing and special functions like batches and serial numbers, etc

All this is separate from the basis configuration data.

Regards,

Gaurav.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Just to add some more valuable information.

<b>Organisational master data</b> : Every company is structured in a certain way. In order to work with the SAP System your company structure has to be represented in the system. This is done with the help of various organizational structures.

<b>Condition master data</b> : In sales and distribution, products are sold or sent to business partners or services are performed for them. Data about the products and services as well as about the business partners is the basis for sales processing. Sales processing with the SAP R/3 System requires that the master data has been stored in the system.

<b>Material master data</b> : In addition to sales and distribution, other departments of the company such as accounting or materials management access the master data. The material master data is stored in a specific structure in order to allow access from these different views.

<b>Document master data</b> : The processing of business transactions in sales and distribution is based on the master data. In the SAP R/3 System, business transaction are stored in the form of documents. These sales and distribution documents are structured according to certain criteria so that all necessary information in the document is stored in a systematic way.

<b>Customer Master Data</b> : or for that matter various business partners, we maintain data for them also called as the customer master data or vendor master data like that.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in general i know that there are four master datas in SD

Organisational master data

Customer and Material master data

Documentary master data

Conditional master data( what ever we create using basic functions)

i am sorry if i confuse u but i have sent u what i know n what i have read and it will help u

bye venuprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP any data that is derived automatically through condition technique will have to have master data maintained. Like outputs, account determination, mat determination and others. In all these cases condition records are assigned for the corresponding condition types.

Over and above these there are also the customer , material, vendor, bank master, credit master. These are another set of master data.

Regards

Chakradhar