Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages going in "To Be Delivered" Mode in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Your urgent help needed...

Right now i m suffering from a big problem....

I m sending messages from SAP to Oracle via XI.

for all the messages I am getting acknowledgement back... but if sometimes i will get acknowledgement as "Acknowledgement contains system error" then after that all the messages starts going into "To Be Delivering mode".

After that i used to Restart the server itself and then after 2-3 hrs. suddenly all messages will go into success...

Please tell me what might be the cause... and how to over come this problem...

eagerly waiting for ur replies.........

Please help me out in this problem as soon as possible... If any more clearifications are required then also tell me....

I hv already checked SMQ1, SMQ2 but no messages are there....

In SXMB_MONI it is showing all the messages as success but in RTW->MDT it is showing messages as "To Be Delivered"

So please help me out with this.....

Regards,

Chaitanya.......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did this happen around midnight on New Year's Eve. I had the same exact issue with mine. I had to restart the J2EE engine. I have yet to find any issues on this except yours. I did not have errors. Everything just stopped. HAs SAP responded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Have you received any reply regarding this issue? Is it fixed?

We have also been experiencing this problem (for a week) with messages stuck in MDT RTW in status "Delivering", for first 20-30 messages and then eventually in "System Error" for the other ones. We keep re-starting XI (both stacks) to push the messages to IS, but need to find a real solution.

SAP support has not been prompt to help, although we opened status high customer message.

This is inbound transaction coming via RNIF 2.0 XI 3.0, not a new system; it has been running last two years.

Will be grateful for any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

I presume it is tunning issue, but where to start?

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also have similar issue with synchronous messages that encounter "timeout" situation (MessageResponseExpired exception), these responses remain in AF queue and we can't delete (though I'd rather cancel them instead of remove) them ! I've not yet checked default AF behavior for this (like setting expiration date or limiting nr of retries) ...

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SP level is your XI 3.0? We also are experiencing this problem periodically and have to restart J2EE. We tried the latest SP22 and the problem did not go away. What is SAP recommendation? The problem is quite strange. It's almost like an internal communication loss (between RNIF and XI).

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chaitanya I recommend and strongly suggest to read this /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

It will be a great value addition to your knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is go to do with the Quality of Service set to EOIO.

When the adapter receives a negative ack for a message, it stops the processing for rest of the messages.

This explains the status "To Be Delivered" for the rest of the messages waiting in the queue.

Try marking the QOS as EO in the adapter.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi smitha....

thanx for replying...

but my Quality of service is set to EO only in the adapter....

so what to do know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message stuck in error status can be restarted in RunTimeWorkBench->MessageMonitoring, rather than restarting the server.

Once the delivery of this message is successful, rest of the messages would also be delivered.

Naveen's blog might be of help:

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically:///people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Smitha.