cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business sytem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can i assign one business sytem to two scenarios in XI-ID, secondly can i assign one technical system to 2 business sytem in SLD.

regards,

Gayatri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign one Business System to any no.of Configuration Scenarios . But Business System is logical entity. In a realtime project it should be a sceanrios should be logically related.

One Business System will have one Technical System.

<i>secondly can i assign one technical system to 2 business sytem in SLD.</i>

>>>what is the purpose of this ? just to know

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to copy the whlole scenario in XI-ID in to other configuration scenario, I'm able to copy every thing except receiver dermination(changing the name space), when I'm trying to copy this it is saying objects are already existed, so i thought of creating new business sytem one is for third party and other is for SAP. i tried it in SLD when I'm assiging technical system it is saying "The selected client has an associated logical system name that is already used for another business system. Select a different client". my whole purpose is coping the scenario in XI-ID.

regards,

Gayatri.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One Technical System can have multiple Business Systems in case of thrid-party Business Systems . If it is a R/3 Technical System, one Technical System can have multiple Clients. In this case, you need to have multple Business Systems for each client.

Now, to copy the the Receiver Determination, it will not allow because there is already the Sender Service, Sender Interface, Receiver Service and Interface exists. Why can't change the existing ConfigurationScenario with new message interface etc...

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot krishna, i will change the message interface and interface mapping every thing in new scenario, may be it will work, let me tell you my project. instead of this primitive questions let me explain u every thing about project.

1, i need to add the two fields in existing logic, scenario is RFC to .Net., so i added 2 new fields, and mapped with rfc. done, then started trouble, i need to transport this to Prd, suddenly i realized that Prd name space is different than Dev name space in IR.the configuration scenario name also diff in ID. so what to do.

2, then first thing is to upload the xsdl and change the name space and download to Prd name space, they said no no, you have to develop whole new scenario not touching the old scenario. if it works we will get rid of old scenario slowly, the rfc pointers and business system will be same, so i developed a total new scenario(name space) i mean copy old scenario in to new with same message interfaces under same SWCV. when i want to change ID objects it's not allowing me to change, any way I'm not going to trasport id in to Prd, i will manually give the business system and every thing. but i want to make sure that in prod also i can copy the objects, so i think ur advice will work, while coping the scenario in IR i will change all the names. may be then in ID it will alow me to point to same Business sytem. i will try it. this is all about the My XI project. I'm basically an ABAP, not learned any XI, that is the main reason for this kind of primitive questions.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>suddenly i realized that Prd name space is different than Dev name space in IR.</i>

>>>Is the scenario is live now ? Is it working ? I don;t how come , there is a difference between DEV and PRD namespaces.. If they change this directly in the PRD box, it is not advisable.

So as suggested earlier, create all the IR objects in the namespace as required. And also create all the configuration objects separately. Something like new interface altogether.

Now as you know the new namespace is equalent to the PRD namespace, so just transport newly created IR objects. Then just refresh the PRD ID objects . Do not tranport any ID objects into PRD. So that all the objects are refresh.

U can tryout this luck.

Otherwise good option is delete specific PRD object and tranport freshely created interface .

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gayatri,

I don't think you need to create a different business system as long as you are sending the message from the same system, client and the same interface.

for your case the namespace changed .....

do one of two thing:

1)Assign the old receiver determination to the new scenario. ..

2) Delete the receiver determination and create a new one selecting the send interface from your latest namespace... I guess you do not need both the namespaces at the same time...

Thanks and Regards,

Himadri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For you to get equipped as an XI expert read the series /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii