Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find table name for a structure field

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a field in contract display screen (VA43). Item overview tab. The name of the field is Value released (RV45A-AWERT). Can anybody let me know the name of the table and field that has this value. I have to display this value in a custom report.

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/29/useful-tips-to-find-out-the-table-for-screen-field

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

You can the see list of tables used for VA43 through transaction SE80.

If you want to see the field is used by tables then go to transaction code SE84.

1) Select ABAP dictionary->Data elements.

2) Give the field name in the Data element under Standard selections and click on execute.

3) Check the data element and click on where-used-list(CtrlshiftF3)

4)Check table fields

5)It will display list of table fields used by this field.

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Also you may want to change this thread and mark it as a question so that you can award points and stuff.

To answer the question, this is sort of weird, but check out function module SD_READ_CALL_OFF_VALUE, it appears to retrieve the value for AWERT from values retrieved from table S135 for the document/line item.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Thanks for you inputs. The function module is really helpful in resolving my issue.

Regards,

Chandra Kumar

Message was edited by:

Chandra Meda