Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Creation with Describe Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All and Happy Holidays,

I am using SRM 5.5, ECS and I have a couple of questions

1) How can I force the describe requirement to create a PO automatically (I can force the user to fill in price and Preferred vendor but is there anything else we need to do in the follow on document badi?)

2) I want to create invoices for the PO's before the GR is done, but the system is not letting me do that, I have checked th PO and the GR-Bsd Inv field is set, I think it is validating me to create invoice before GR, how can I fix this.

Please let me know if anyone have some ideas.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Sreedhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is fixed with check and Doc_Change badi

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure to understand you first question... however, in ECS scenario, SC always leads to PO creation (except if you forward it to sourcing cockpit).

What you can have is to get incomplete PO instead of complete PO.

In that case, you can use bbp_doc_check badi to control that all data have been entered by the user to create a COMPLETE PO.(vendor, price...)

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann,

You are right, in ECS SRM always creates the leading PO, but its incomplete, what I meant was how to create a completed PO with describe requirement? I tried creating one by giving values for all the fiels (vendor, price), still its creating a incomplete PO (without vendor assignment). So what is the best way to force it to create a completed PO.

The second question is for the EBP PO's, the GR-Bsd-Inv is always set and due to this I am not able to create invoice before the GR. How to fix this. I have checked the vendor record and the GR-Bsd flag is not set.

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

U can create vendor list with priorities and these sources will be available for source assignment in the SC creation . If u have exactly one vendor for the product or product ID , the same source will be assigned automatically in the SC creation . But this functionality is avl in SC creation with full functionality only.

In the EBP PO in the follow on doc tab , we can set the required flags .

Regards

Mani

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

You can also use bbp_doc_change badi to convert a preferred vendor into a fixed vendor in your SC.

Checking the price field not empty and converting preferred into fixed vendor enable you to create a complete PO.

Please see my answer in this thread :

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=574266&messageID=1510401

Kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by:

Yann Bouillut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann/Mani,

Thanks for your response, I now have a good idea to get this done, can you please answer my second question

I want to create invoices for the PO's before the GR is done, but the system is not letting me do that, I have checked th PO and the GR-Bsd Inv field is set, I think it is validating me to create invoice before GR, I have checked the vendor record I am using and it doesn't have the GR based IV flag, how can I fix this.

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I have implemented the Check Badi to validate the vendor and unit price, and also doc_change Badi to copy preferred vendor to fixed vendor, but the PO is still getting held status, its not creating the PO completely, do I need to do something else on this?

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one has any more ideas on achieving this? Please reply

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar

I guess you have problem only with vendor. Is there any other missing data ?

Am not sure of this..

but did you try BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI or SAVE_BADI for PO to input the vendor in PO

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramki,

Thanks for the response, but we solved this by using BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI.

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreedhar,

1) Maybe in the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI you can validate the preferred vendor and the price for the ordered product, and in the BBP_DOC_SAVE BADI you can trigger the PO creation from the SC data using BBP_PD_PO_CREATE FM...

2) I don't think it is possible, continue researching...

Happy new year...

Regards,

Gerardo.