cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I have the next task , i'm developing scenario File - XI - File, my input in the sender system is a CSV file , but my issue is when i load the CSV file with the file adapter , the file cann´t load because the next structure

"FRANK","SMITH","FRANK , SMITH"

"RALPH","JONES","RALPH , JONES"

"JOSEHP","",""

this is a example of the file

the fields are :

name,surname,full name

but the problem is that the adapter cann't read the file becase "think" that are 4 fiels instead of 3, because the "," is in the full name field

the standard CSV is correct and i cann´t change the separator field

, how can i configure this ??? ,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morales,

You give your field separator as "," and end separator as "'nl'. Then your issue will be resolved.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using the following property of the FCC:

NameA.enclosureSign

Specify a string that acts as a text delimiter. Text enclosed by such delimiters is transferred to the target structure unmodified, although the default setting is to remove all text delimiters. Separators within such texts are ignored.

This parameter is optional. The default setting is an empty value (no text delimiter).

NameA.enclosureSignEnd

If the text delimiters for the beginning and end of the text are different, specify the text delimiter for the end of the text here.

If you do not make an entry here, then the entry from NameA.enclosureSign is used instead.

NameA.enclosureSignEscape

Specify a string that replaces the text delimiter if it occurs within a text that it delimits.

When the text is transferred the string is replaced by the value specified in NameA.enclosureSign.

NameA.enclosureSignEndEscape

Specify a string that replaces the text delimiter for the end of the text if it occurs within a text that it delimits.

When the text is transferred the string is replaced by the value specified in NameA.enclosureSignEnd.

NameA.enclosureConversion

● Specify YES if the text delimiter is to be removed when the files are transferred or if the escape character is to be replaced. This is the default value.

● Enter NO if the character is to be transferred unaltered.

If you specify xml.enclosureSign=“ and xml.enclosureSignEsc=““, text enclosed in quotation marks is transferred unchanged and the quotation marks are removed.

If the escape character for a quotation mark (““) occurs in the text itself, it is replaced by the quotation mark during the transfer.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's a lot , my issue was solved configuring like this :

NameA.enclosureSign ="

NameA.enclosureConversion = NO

thank's Vijaya

Answers (0)