cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple no. of input files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.Good Morning.When we are working on a File to File Scenario, is it possible to keep sending multiple number of files one after the other with out actually specifying the names of the files but only specifying the directory where the Files are getting generated by the system with some system defined names? Normally we specify the name of the directory and also the file which is to be sent.How to send multiple files from a directory one after the other ? Whats the purpose of Archive,Test options? I tried to use the Archive option yesterday.The input file is sent to the Archive directory but not to the Output Directory. Where did I go wrong ? The Test Option when used showed no result. What could be the problem ? Please clarify these doubts. Screen shots are much appreciated.my id is gowtham_vallabhaneni@gmail.com..Thank You..Gowtham..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Source File Name , you can give . so that it will pick up all the files from the directory.

TO do sequencing, u go with quality of Service as EOIO so, that it will pick up and process the files in the one-by-one.

<i>The input file is sent to the Archive directory but not to the Output Directory. Where did I go wrong ?</i>

>>>If you specify Archive option in Sender channel configuration, then it is applicable to Input file only... so it is not a problem with configuration

Also look into this-http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.Krishna and Satya.Thanks for your replies.I got the recquired answer from your replies and webblogs.You both are of big help.Thanks once again..bye..Gowtham

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

good to know:)

Happy NewYear 07..

Cheers,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gowtham,

Go through this weblog where you can specify multiple input directory locations for your input file. Also you can omit some files depending upon your file naming conventions.

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

---Satish