Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure SAPJ2ee Engine in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to configure the SAP J2EE Engine with the Message Server Host Name and Port Number in NWDS .

I tried to get that information from http://<host>:<port>/index.html -> System Information. { i tried with the message server Host and Port present here, but still the NWDS doesnt recognise them and show the instances ...

and also tried with the host of the Portal url ... as the message server host ... still didnt get thru .. ..

can someone tell me how i can find the exact message server host and port to configure it in NWDS ...

Need your help ...

Thanks in advance

Vijay

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Execute T-Code SMMS

In the next screen

click on GoTo in the Menu option (in the dropdown list you will have following options)

-> Parameters -> Display (Click on this)

You will have complete list of Parameters...

I hope this will help.

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

Hi Soma,

I tried with the parameters present thru SMMS Tx, but still NWDS doesn't show up the instances.

I have tried with both the server host and server host(fqn) with the server port( it was 3610, i tried with 3601 also ), still it doesnt work.

What could be the issue i have here ?

Regards,

Vijay

Message was edited by:

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error you are getting?

Can you just send me the complete url.

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

Hi,

In NWDS, we have to configure it to SAP-J2ee engine so that we can deploy our applications.So I am unable to get the instances of J2ee engine in my NWDS to run my applications.

Unless I have the J2ee engine instances configurred properly , i won't be able to deploy and run my applications that i develop.

In the J2EE Engine Tab( where we have Tasks,properties,DTR console, etc..), it displays as :

--Remote Engine

|---N/A(with redcrossed-circle)

Note: we access the servers remotely

Thanks,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am facing similar problem configuring j2ee engine in NWDS, how did you do it?

Regards,

Jack