cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device type with duplex format requires offset

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have loaded the drivers for new xerox printers (M128). [R/3 4.6C]

This printer can start right at the edge of the paper so for some formats we have to set an offset [ PCL5 Long edge offset registration : esc&l#U ].

For printing in duplex the offset value for the front page has to be positive and for the back page it has to be negative. This is possible by putting the commands in the actions 'start of even page' (negative offset) and 'start of odd page' (positive offset).

However if someone prints a subset of pages and starts with an even page (e.g. page 2) then the front side starts with an even page meaning that the offsets should be reverse [ frontside = even page = positive offset ].

Anyone with experience on this matter ?

It would be easier if there was an action 'start of front side' / 'start of back side'.

Would it be possible for us to create this ?

PCL5 has macros but I don't think I can use this to enter 'programming logic' to flip between positive and negative offset values.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you load the drivers for new printer?

I mean which procedure did you follow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The driver definitions came from Xerox. It also included a quick install document (pdf).

R/3 4.6C - SPAD - Utilities - Device Types - Import

or SE38 RSTXSCRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this note - Note 635230 - Xerox SAP PCL and PostScript Device Types

<a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/635230">Note 635230 - Xerox SAP PCL and PostScript Device Types</a>

It says - Xerox SAP R/3 Device Type Tool (for Version 3.0 or above device types only) allows the customers to customize the device type to add special printer features such as Staple, Duplex, Trays, etc.

Are you using it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Xerox device type tool is loaded but was not used to add the offset commands. I don't even think the device type tool is able to handle this specific type of offset. We entered the job control commands directly in the actions at Format maintenance.

The problem is that we have to give a different offset based on front or back of the page and so far I have not found a way to do it.