cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masterdata and language supplementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does the import of foreign language in Netweaver effect master data? Does language get supplemented to master data?

I see that there is a field (SPRAS) which defines language, but is there a way to link material descriptions in a variety of languages to the same material number? I.e. if a customer logs in in French and searches in French for a certain part, can it link to the same material number as if someone searched in English?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I've been informed as follows:

Most master data objects in SAP have a multilingual design. This is specially true to the product master (= material) in Master Data Management (MDM) 3.0:

(1)

You can maintain multilingual descriptions and long texts at the same product master instance. If you import a product master to MDM, you can import it with multiple languages.

(2)

When a product master is presented to you, it is presented in your logon language by default.

(3)

When you search for products, your search term is applied to all languages. Thus the result does not depend on the logon language. In the result list you will see each object only once; per default in your logon language. If an object is not available in your language, it will be presented in a customizable "preferred language sequence".

Kind regards, Markus