cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Posting Data Of Multiple File to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently testing with a scenario <b>where a number of XML files are read by XI and their data is passed to R/3 via an RFC call. Each XML File contains one line item data.</b> I am using BPM to achieve this. The problem is: <b>If I test with a single line item data (single file), the scenario works fine and data is updated at the R/3 end. But if I try to put multiple files simultaneously, only one file's data is going into R/3</b>. What can be the problem? Is it something to do with serialization? I have tried using EOIO; but still the same problem persists. I see in SXMB_MONI that all the messages have chequered flag. I have tried debugging the RFC, but it does not work out for multiple calls. Anybody has any idea how this can be solved?

Regards,

Amitabha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Receiver RFC adapter try increasing the number of connections and check if it works.

Also, check the Adapter Status of the RFC adapter in RWB and also look at the End to End Message Montiroing in RWB and see the status of each message.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Thanks for your reply. My BPM scenario is as follows:

<b>Receive->Synchronous Send->Asynchronous Send</b>

In sender channel for XML files, I have used <b>Filename*</b> as the source file name as my files are coming with <b><filename ><timestamp></b> naming convention. Poll interval is <b>5 seconds</b>, Processing mode is <b>by name</b>.

AT the RFC receiver channel end, the credentials are all ok and the <b>number of maximum connections is set to 25</b>. I have always tested with no. of messages<5.

Hope you find this info useful. Awaiting reply.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Amitabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, In my scenario, RFC is called once for each file.

Amitabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz check in sxmb_moni, for the status of your BPM by looking at the 'PE' indicator for entries corresponding to your XML files.

If you have the 'PE' indicator, click on it and check for all the steps of your BPM

if they are successful, then its problem of RFC adapter and not BPM.

Regards,

Seema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

The problem is solved. The trick turned out to be adding a wait step in the BPM before the RFC call.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like pointed by Himadri.,Can you give more details on your design? Esp the BPM.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amitabha,

R u using BPM to bundle the multiple files into a single messgae?

What is the end condition for your loop... in BPM?

Another thing are you calling the RFC multiple times for each file ? that case you can avoid BPM...

But I guess you need to bundle and make only one call to RFC.... can you check that?

Thanks,

Himadri

Message was edited by:

Himadri Chakraborty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himadri,

Thanks for your reply. No, <b>I am not using bundling technique (N:1 transformation)</b>. The single messages are passed to BPM as they arrive.

Regards,

Amitabha