cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Approval process signature strategy and Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I just wanted to know the difference between the approval process and Business workflow. How both of them useful in PLM prospective ??

Thanks,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Approval or digital signature process in PLM involves creating authorization groups, signature strategies and assigning individual signatures to signature strategy groups.For example, to create digital signature for Engineering Manager, you create authorization group say ENGMGR and define it as individual signature and assign it to a signature strategy group.

Business workflow is used to automate a business process.For example,it can be used in PLM-DMS for document review process.This can be triggered by status change(has to be defined in customizing) in document.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pavana

Message was edited by:

Pavana Mallavaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavana,

Thanks for your reply! I have one more small doubt. Is there any relation between the signature strategy and Business workflow ??

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As such there is no relationship betn these two.But you can always design a custom workflow to be triggered when a particular signature strategy group executes digital signature or for any other desired scenario.

Cheers,

Pavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in Workflow we can add our backend scheduling processes and also business processes. Where as in the case of approval we can only add for the signature of that particular user. Is it correct ?? Anything to add...

Thanks,

Rajesh