cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the Enterprise structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have got some problem related to the enterprise structure.I have got one Sales Area for Maintenance. We have to include a new sales doc type(Similar to OR type) in the Sales Area. But whenever I go and assign the sales doc to the Sales Area it speaks of an error which is unable to get assigned. Plz help me in sorting out the issue.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gaurav Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neo,

You need to:

1) Check the Set Up Sales Area.

2) Check assignment of Distribution Channel to Sales Organization and Division to Sales organization.

3) After the above, Assign Sales Document to sales area.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav,

How did you create your document type. Did do it thr New Entries OR Copied from Standard Doc OR? Also chcek does the sales area has been set up in Enterprise structure? Then Follow as below:

1. Combine Sales Org - OVAO Ex: Sales Org-1000; Ref Sales Org-1000

2. Combine Distribution Channel - OVAM Ex: Sales org -1000; DC:12 Ref DC:12

3. Combine Division - OVAN Ex: Sales org-1000 Div-00 ; Ref Dc:00

4. Assign Sales Doc type to the Sales area i.e., What you have combined above as ex: 1000/12/00 - OR (doc type)

Thi shoul dresolve the problem.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First define your sales document type in vov8 and then assign the same in ovaz where by you will be assigning the sales document type to sales area.

Thanks,

sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check if you have maintained the sales area properly ,and check if the reference distribution channel,division and sales organisation is properly assigned .

to the correct sales document.

Thanks,

sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and finally got it, so thought I'd include my "solution" here. I had it all set up correct, but still had the problem "assign as general sales area first". The way I fixed it...

In IMG go back to Assign Sales Org - Dist chan - Div (where they are already defined)

Blank out the Dist, Chan and division field, and retype it in, [Save]

Now I can assign the Order type to that Sales Area. Minor glitch in the system there, huh ?

This was in ECC 6.0. Happy SAPing !

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, please check the assignement for the sales area, then go ahead to check the other organisational units did it maintained or not. hope this would solve the prob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Set Up Sales Area. If it is not set, then set it. If problem still exist, also check assignment of Distribution Channel to sales organization & Division to Sales organization.

After the above activity, try to assign Sales Document to sales area.

Regds,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the Original Sales Area Defined and Assigned properly

and could you give the exact error message which you are getting.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The message speaks like.

The Sales Area should be of general use to assign it the Sales document type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure whether this sales area is currently used in sales order processing? Pls verify whether this sales org has plants assigned to it. And, within >Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types node, check in "the Combine sales organisations" option, if it is assigned to any other sales org.

review all the options within >Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types and hopefully, you will be able to resolve this issue,

Update us with your efforts,

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siva i am trying to resolve the issue as per you have said, i am also following the same steps....hope it solves the issue. I will get back to you if issue isnt still resolved. Our production server is getting down now until 1st jan, considering the holidays from tomorrow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva and others Experts,

the exact error which is being displayed when i m trying to assign to the Sales Area is that ....

Define <4444/44/44> as general Sales Area .Can you people please help where am i getting wrong.

Regards,

Gaurav Kumar

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls. check if the common distribution channels and divions are correctly defined for your sales area.

Roberto Mazzali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Post the message.

Mohan.