cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent !!!! - Limit on Drop down in adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my requirement there is a dropdown on adobe form . I am getting values from R/3 system using a custom BAPI.

<b><i>When i bind the result node of BAPI to drop dwon box i am able to see the first value assigned to dropdown box. It is not allowing to open drop down box for selection .</i></b>

To solve this i have applied Value Help set method to that value on drop down box. By using value Help set i am able to open drop down box and select a value .

<i><b>Is there any limitation on no of values assigned to drop down box on adobe form ?

in this case i have 200 values getting retrived from my BAPI but after binding it with drop down box using Value help set i am able to access only 51 values in the dropdown selection</b></i> .

Please suggest me some alternative to get all values assigned to drop down box.

Regards,

Nanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

krishanu_biswas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nanda,

It always helps if you specify the system details (for example NW04/NW04s/SP??/Reader version/ACF/ZCI etc etc). Could you please specify the details here. I will then be able to suggest you with some alternative.

Best Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I got resolved this one my self. I have replied to this question because some is facing same sort of problem now.

I have explained him how to go a head with it .

Please have a look at the above convesations.

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

I'm having the same problem dropdown has one value and can't make selection.

I'm getting data from R/3 and populating it in the dropdown and it showing the first

value only.

As you said, I don't have any scripts for dropdown events.

What is the problem then?

Could you please help me to resolve this?

Thanks

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the type of the adobe component Try to set it as Activex.

Please let me know if problem still persists.

Nanda

krishanu_biswas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sundar,

We would like to know the problem in more details. It seems, many application developers are struggling to do this. There could be two reasons:

1. Either the application is not doing it properly because of the lack of documentation in this area

2. Or our framework has some problem.

Let us investigate the problem from the first perspective here. I do not think that there is a problem in the framework. If at all there is a problem there, we can fix it up. Please specify more details about your landscape (NW04/04s/SP stack/ACF/ZCI/Reader etc etc). Always make sure that you specify those information when you post a message in SDN. It helps.

To make a dropdown box work, you need to make use of the modifiable binary set in Web Dynpro. The data you are receiving from the backend, must be populated to the Web Dynpro context attribute as follow:

// Populate Value Help DDLB
    ISimpleTypeModifiable valueHelpDDLBSimpleTypeModifiable = 
      wdThis.wdGetIFormCompController().wdGetContext().nodeDDLBData().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("ValueHelp").
        getModifiableSimpleType();

IModifiableSimpleValueSet valueHelpDDLBValueSet = 
     valueHelpDDLBSimpleTypeModifiable.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

for(int i=0; i<10; i++){
      valueHelpDDLBValueSet.put("ValueHelpKey" + i, "ValueHelpItem" +i);        
    }

What all i have here is a node (dataSource) namely "DDLBData" and it has an attribute called "ValueHelp" of type String. Create a value set out of it and populate the value set with the "key-value" pair that you have received from the R3 backend. (Adjust the above mentioned code accordignly)

Once, you have solved this, you will most likely run into the problem of only a limited number (50) of values being visible on the screen in the DDL. To increase the DDL capacity, you need to change the following parameter in the Visual Administrator:

Visual Admin > Server > Services > Configuration Adapter > webdynpro (under Runtime and Display Configuration tab) > sap.com > tcwddispwda > open "PropertySheet default" in the editable mode > change the value of "sap.valueslimit.maxondemand" to whatver max limit you want to set. But remember, by doing this you are changing the overall max limit for the DDLs in Web Dynpro as well. It will affect all the DDLs (including Adobe). If you set it to a very large number of values, the performance of the system might decrease. So be careful. This problem has been rectified with the ZCI solution.

Please let the forum know if you have struck a solution. Most importantly, "HOW". A lot of people will be benifited.

Best Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setting back it to unanswered. The person who need answer will reward me points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Limit on Drop down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem of a limit of 51 entries in my dropdownlist box. Could you explain your solution - no limit? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwon,

If you are using webdynpro java with Adobe Interactive forms then , Please ensure that there is no Java script added in script editor on the click or open event of the dropdownlist .

Check this . If still problem persist let me know more details like how you are adding the entries to drop down list .

Nanda