cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Mapping Black Field Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did an ABAP Mapping, one field of a sender message could be full of spaces or with some data. When a message with data for that field is sent, the mapped field in the receiver message had the data, but when I send a full spaces data field the receiver message have no data, it's empty. Somebody could help me?

Regards,

Luis Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at ABAP mapping section in this blog /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii and definetly reading this will allow to master your mapping errors /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/28/skelton-of-mapping-runtime-in-sap-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By spaces, do you mean, you sent a field without any values in it, or have you put spaces explicitly?

<u>Case 1</u>: You have put space explicitly.

In this case, the spaces will be populated. However, when you view the payload as xml, the spaces are not seen.

<u>Case 2:</u>: In case you are not sending this field blank and want a target field to be created nevertheless, you need to make use of mapping functions like constant, mapwithdefault, or even a if else condition.

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Btw, where are you looking about this field ? In the sxmb_moni ? If so are u able to see the XML tags generated for that field ? If not

Check the existsence of the field in the mapping. If there is no field i.e empty, then pass the spaces explicitly..

It is like , Built-in function in the message mapping i.e "EXISTS" with If-Else logic.

If you are able to see the xml tags generated for that field, view the SXMB_MONI message in the notepad, so that you can view the space.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy