cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cause of "nothing to deploy" message?

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anyone give me some idea why I might be getting a "nothing to deploy" message? The model compiles successfully, and I get a "Deployed successfully" message...followed by the message "nothing to deploy" !? I get this result whether I deploy at the page level or the top level, and whether "deploy entire model" is checked or unchecked.

I am working in a VC7 environment with flash compiler. The model is composed of 2 linked iviews on a page.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution, which fixed me. In the iView, click the Configure tab and make sure that the Window Type is set to Primary window (for your main iView). Mine was set to Popup window, and this was causing my problem. Hopefully it solves yours as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know. We already had that in the WIKI under https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/ErrorinCompilingFlexApplication but it obviously was not all too clear. I enhanced the topic and added the steps now clearly.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also am seeing this in one of my models. My model consists of an iView with another popup iView linked to it. It was working fine until I added a layer, and then removed it. Could this possibly have caused something to go wrong? Has there been a solution found for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens often, when you use nested iViews. Deployment can only be done when the storyboard is not at the lowest level. There has to be a Primary IView at the storyboard, i.e. as Iview-icon, not the content.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsimran,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you, but Margaret wrote:

"I get this result whether I deploy at the page level or the top level, and whether "deploy entire model" is checked or unchecked."

@ Margaret can you provide us with the model, that we can try it on our system?

Thanks in advance,

best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

You say you have tested it on page level and on top level?

Do you have iViews in your model? Can you deploy each of them when you are in the iView itself?

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there are two iViews. The first consists of a selection form; on the submit event, the data (should be) passed to the second iView, which has the data service and an output table. (The intent is to display the selection form above a tabbed set of data views.)

I found that I can deploy the iViews individually, but when I try to deploy the page, I get the message noted in my post.

The out and in ports have the same name, and matching names for all the data fields.

gajendra_bhakuni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am also receiving the same error. Any help in resolving this is appreciated.

Regards,

Gajendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im getting the same error, i played around with my model and put everything into a layer, added another layer and put some of the tables to the next layer, added smoe buttons etc. After deploying and testing i found it too cumbersome and removed the buttons and the layer.

After i did that the model is still compiling, i also get a "Deployed successfully!" in bold letters, but i also get a "Nothing to deploy !" below that.