cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS 5.0 Support Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing support packs for this year end and after putting them in we have gotten the following error:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Date.after(Date.java:871)

at com.sap.xss.per.helpers.OverviewHelper.hasDeleteButton(OverviewHelper.java:355)

at com.sap.xss.per.helpers.OverviewHelper.CreateOverview(OverviewHelper.java:221)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.us.address.overview.BizCardsView.wdDoModifyView(BizCardsView.java:152)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.us.address.overview.wdp.InternalBizCardsView.wdDoModifyView(InternalBizCardsView.java:317)

We are currently on ESS 5.0. This error only occurs on 4 tabs, the others are working ok.

Has anyone else received this error?

We can't put in our year end support packs in Production until we can resolve this.

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also having the same issue and we can't find the solution. Did anybody post an OSS message to SAP?

Thank you,

Simon-Pierre Marion

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have posted numerous messsages and SAP has not come back with anything that works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, after getting no help from SAP, we stumbled across the fact that by upgrading to SP14 on the ESS Web Dynpro side, it fixed the date error we were getting. Now all we have to do is make our changes in the new SP and that has been slow but going ok. I am not sure what Support Packs you are on, but we were upgrading from SP11 to SP13 when we ran into the error. That is when our Basis guy decided to try SP14 and it worked. Sorry I don't have a better answer, SAP still has not given us a reason why SP13 is broken.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I'm having the same problem at the moment. Did you import the packages on the backend (R/3 ABAP) or on the Webdynpro / Portal?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I've found another thread. No real good answer tough yet.

Mike Valk

LogicaCMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have not been able to figure out the problem. We have just finished getting our ESS Web Dynpro support packs loaded. I am not familiar with the backend support packs but I was hoping to find a new table that needed dates added to them. These actually broke when adding the backend R3 support packs, which doesn't make sense to me. I'll come back if I find a solution, if you find one please advise.

Thanks

Mike