cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSS note 506603 What is it And where can I get it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create my form with a SAP Table wizard connection, when I try to use the Table wizard I got the error: "No such interface supported". I can see in a lot of comments the solution is on OSS note 506603. I was trying to find this patch in the sdn site but I could not find it. I am not sure if it is a document, an exe file, a dll,,, and when I see the same question asking where to get the OSS note 506603 there is no answer, could somebody help me telling me what is this and where can I get the patch? I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eden,

How are you doing ?

OSS note is the older nomenclature for what is now SAP Notes.

They are available at :

http://service.sap.com/notes

you will need a service marketplace user id to log on.

alternatively, if you do not have access to service.marketplace.

send me an email [view my business card], i will reply with the patch. it is a few hundred kb.

with respect,

amit

the note number 506603 :-

Summary

Symptom

Additional information for SAP.Net Connector that was not included in the guide.

Other terms

SAP .NET Connector, Proxy Wizard

Solution

SAP.NET Connector Version 1.0 has been available since Nov 21, 2002. You can download the software from http://service.sap.com/connectors.

Version 2.0 is also available. Use only the new version for new developments.

Report any problems with the SAP.NET Connector under the components:

BC-MID-CON-DNW for problems with the .NET Proxy Wizard for Visual Studio.NET.

BC-MID-CON-DNC for problems with Communication Runtime.

Known problems

1. The Proxy Wizard terminates with the error message "Exception caught in method createFunction for DD_GET_UCLEN Reason: null".

This is caused by a missing function module, which can be installed as described in Note 580834.

2. Corrections for SAP.NET Connector 1.0

The updated version corrects various problems that have been noted during the interim period. You can download it from http://service.sap.com/connectors. To install this version, see the "Release Notes" file. For SAP.NET Connect 1.x, the newest patch-version is called "1.0.3".

3. Corrections for SAP.NET Connector 2.0

For Visual Studio Integration (Design Time) following problems have occurred:

For proxies with several functions, the following runtime error can occur under certain circumstances: "Method xyz can not be reflected." The cause is a combination of an error in the .NET framework and the way in which the proxy generator uses XML-attributes.

The SAP wizard table does not work. Existing tables are not recognized.

Both problems are solved by the patch attached to this note. Stop all instances of Visual Studio and unpack the ZIP file into the "%Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/Common7/IDE" directory, whereby the "SAP.Connector.Design.DLL" file is replaced.

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 10.12.2004 16:40:26

Priority: Recommendations/additional info

Category: Installation information

Primary Component: BC-OP-NET-NCO SAP .Net Connector

Secondary Components: BC-OP-NET-VS Visual Studio .Net Connector Wizard

Message was edited by:

amit chawathe