cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Change the data type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.Good Morning.Can we change the data type of a element while transforming the file from Source to Target ? For eg. if a data element in Source system is defined as a Number data type, but the Target system does'nt support a Number data type, then what will happen ? Can we change the records in source system which are in Number format to Text format ? Employee_Number for instance.Can we export the records to the Target system in number format and still receive them correctly ? Please clarify this doubt with an example. Screen shots are appreciated. Thank You..Gowtham...my id is gowtham_vallabhaneni@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do this in the Message Mapping.

Try using Conversion: Value Mapping between the fields

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gowtham

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Read that series you will learn more than what is required.

I will strongly suggest to have a look at it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please send me a scenario with screen shots to make it more easy to understand ? Or Please specify the exact areas where we do the conversion ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use this for different things.

Changing from anuerical field to add additional data to become a text field.

In the integration repository, open up your message mapping for this part.

Select sending field, select receiving field and then add the following:

In functions: select Conversion, and select value mapping

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the user defined functions to achieve that or standard function FormatNumber.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii Also read that which will be very helpful.