cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We started to implement SolMan 4.0 with CRM 5.0.

My question is :

Do we have to install TREX to be able to use Solution Database?

and if so, do we have to build up a knowledge base prior to building Solution Database?

Because whenever I try to create a solution in transaction IS01, I get short dump.

I also searched a lot for this dump in the OSS, but we already have a greater support package than the ones mentioned in the OSS notes.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Gencay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

Check the following related blog as well...

Hopefully it helps.

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does the Solution DB also work without TREX or another search engine?

Also, what is your experience of TREX regarding performance and resource usage?

thanks and regards

stefan bauert

Message was edited by: sb

Stefan Bauert

former_member312597
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The reason you get the dump when trying to save a solution or problem is because you need to define the database first. There's an IMG for it...

Customer Relationship Management

--> Enterprise Intelligence

--> Name and Configure Knowledge Base

now give ur solution database a name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am facing also the similar problem ,

we r using text search right now on trex.

my problem is ,should we configure problems, solutions fields in solution database for text search or is it meant for attribute search,

because when i tried to configure problem type , problem sybtype system showing error"problem code 01 is not existed in table TOKBC",

if these fields need to be config , where should i configure it.

Message was edited by:

kiran

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gencay,

Check these notes in OSS. If it is already implemented and still if you face problem. Revert Back.

Note 816820 - Dump after saving in the Solution Directory

Note 876388 - Problems copying processes' BPM Customizing

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The notes attached in the previous message are for Sol Man 3.2

Actually we installed Sol Man 4.0 with CRM 5.0

The thing I really wonder is if it is possible to build up a Solution Database without installing Software Agent Framework and TREX.

In the message:

Raquel Cunha says that TREX needs to be installed but in the SAP library i couldn't find any expressions mentioning that it is mandatory to install TREX to be able to build up a solution database.

Does anyone have an idea about this?

Best Regards,

Gencay

Thanks,

Gencay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gencay,

The Below documents from CRM help shd help you in this regard....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/09/923237e5875249e10000009b38f936/frameset.htm

Hopefully it shd help.

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am also tarying to use the Solution database of Solution Manager 4.0 with CRM 5.0.

I have even more problems; I can not create my problems in the internal solution database: I have tried both the wizard and the normal menu, and after I entered all data, the system will list the problems, but just the nummeration (just number problem), and if I try to display them it says: "problem number 1 doesnt exist" and so on.

However, when I enter the data to create a problem, in the attribute: "Problem Code" I can not enter any of the proposed options, because it complains that "there is no text for that catalog entry in english" which is my logon language.

I didnt specify any customized settings for the solution database, just attempting to use the default settings delivered by SAP.

And then if I try to perform transaction IS02, it complains that there is no such a transaction.

Can anybody help please?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards

Katia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katia,

As far as I Know, with SOL MAN 4.0 there is no need for transaction "is02" because the compilation and indexes are done by the search engine. This search engine can be a TREX (which SAP supports) or you can make your own search engine by using a BADI.

The reason that you're facing problems using transaction "is01" is missing customizings. Please run the report "CRMC_SAF_TOOL" to see what the missing customizings are.

The IMG steps need to be followed are under

CRM>Enterprise Intelligence>Sosftware Agent Framework

Gencay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gencay,

yes you are right :-S

I just run the checking tool and I guess I have a lot to work ahead with the SAF configuration thing...

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Katia.

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gencay,

at that moment I wrote the message, I mentioned this part of the help online:

"Integration

Search Engine and Compilation

The search engine used in the Solution Database is Search and Classification (TREX). For TREX to find problems and solutions in a search, your knowledge administrators must compile the Solution Database using the Indexes application."

Now I know that we can use other Search Engine via BADI, as you mentioned.

Sorry if my old message did not help you or made you more confused

Regards,

Raquel.