cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Form Data Bindings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm running NW04 stack 10 with ADS to render an interactive form, using JCo's to proxy BAPI's in the back-end and the basic scenario works fine.

My problem comes when I enter data onto the form and then hit the local pdf 'save' button. In this case, only fields that are actually mapped to SAP in the BAPI interface are saved onto the resultant pdf.

In my scenario, the BAPI is only responsible for doing some basic data population of the form, the rest of the data is filled in by the user, who then needs to save the form locally with the complete data set [utilising the reader extension credentials supplied by the ADS].

I am guessing that somehow I need to bind all of my Interactive form fields to either the view context or the controller context to make this work, but the only binding options I'm offered inside the designer correspond to the BAPI interface parameters, which are linked via the 'dataSource' property of the Interactive form element in the view. It seems that I can only map one dataSource per Interactive form.

Does anyone know how to get these other fields working, or if indeed it's a binding problem? Do you have to create some kind of custom structure including the BAPI interface and the other fields, and then map that to the dataSource.

Help!

Cheers guys,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you set the binding to global, that does it.