cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is iview, Page,Workset and Role in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

What is iview, Page,Workset and Role in Portal .

Is a Role is called SSO(Single Sign On)

help me i will reward u Points.

Thanks in advance

Naresh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

1: A iView is a container of information; for example a BSP page, an URL or a BW report.

2: A page is a container of one or more iViews.

3: A workset is a sub menu of a role, containing one or more iViews or Pages.

4: A role is a container of one or more iViews, pages, and worksets.

This is a big topic, but generally speaking you create a iView that contain an application. To get this application visible in the menu, you assign this iView to a role.

If you want many iviews in one menu item, assign two or more iviews into a page, and assign the page to the role.

If you have many roles with similar functionality assign iViews and pages to worksets, the different worksets can be assigned to one or more roles.

The assignment process is like this

User -> UserGroup -> Role

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Let me go one by one.

Role: A content template consisting of one or more worksets that model a typical job.

Workset: Workset is a set of coherent activities that belong to one or more related work areas. A workset can further contain worksets or services.

The content area is the place where information is displayed. The content can be pages with Iviews.

The enterprise portal uses roles to generate a role based user interface,

simplifying application and information access. The role defination determines the navigation structure within the portal. User access to content is determined by role definations.

Page: A page is displayed in the content area. Each page contains a separete set of iviews.

Iview: An iview is a basic unit of portal content- a small application that display information. It stands for Integrated View.

In simple terms, what you see once you login to a portal is content with tabs determining the navigation around, these are nothing but roles. The roles comprises of worksets which inturn is made up of pages, and one page inturn comprises of several iviews.

Hope this should provide you enough insight into the portal world at a basic level to start with.

Any issues revert back.

Regards,

Mantosh