cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill-down capability in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a table in Visual composer which would have the drill down capability.

i have 2 tables, Master table and Details table.

In master table i have one row and corresponding to that row i have 5 rows in details table.eg., Master table has the over all revenue generation and in the details table i have the revenue generation for each month.

Now the table in VC should show the first row of the Master table and upon drilling down it should the coresponding 5 rows from the details table.

Is it possible with out using BW.

Regards

Paresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paresh,

it's possible if you use e.g. a sql 2005 server, therefore you can create also cubes as in the SAP BW. I saw a BI demonstrationon the microsoft raodshow (Vista, Office 2007, Exchange) in december. The new office version has excel webservices similar to the queries. maybe it's possible to use sql2005 server in combination with the excel services, but I never tried it. Maybe I try it after my vacation in january.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,Mario

Thanks for your Immediate reply.

I want the master data and details data to come in the same table.

To be clear, intially the user would see one row and upon clicking that it should open up to show the others records from the details table.

So i think it could be possible by the method you told.

So please after you have done, give the steps in detail about how to achieve it.

Regards

Paresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is not possible with Visual Composer. You need two tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

According to you drill down capability in VC is not possible unless we use BW.

Am I right?????

Regards,

Paresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is wrong. You can drill down with any data service and even with every combination of dataservices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Can you please give any docs about how to achieve this.

Regards,

Paresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if I understand your question.

1) Drag two data servcies on your story board, one with master data, the other one with detail information.

2) Create tables from the output ports for each dataservice.

3) Connect the output port of the table of the firstdata service with the input port of the second data service

4) Map the fields (like e.g. material number)

5) create a start point to the input port of the first data service

6) deploy and launch the application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Let me try to explain you, what i want.

There is a pdf document about

"How To Model SAP BI System Hierarchies in Visual Composer "

This has used the drill down in a table.

I want to implement such a thing instead of using BW.

Is it possible?

Regards

Paresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I see. You basically need a data service that allows you some flexibility, like the BI data service with the Web API.

For JDBC this would be the SQL Field (you need to turn that on first, see also the documentation for that feature) and fire SQL statements corresponding to your selections.

For the other services it might be just passing the selected parameters, but you have ot much influence on the structure then. It might just filter down to the value that you had.

Be aware that the data must come from the same data service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your Valuable input.

But it would be very kind of you, if you please elaborate about how to achieve it.

Any links for this.

Regards,

Paresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

I'm creating some PM Metrics using Visual Composer and BW Queries. My overview or summary Metrics will be by Company Code,, and I can get those results but if I have a strange number or value for a particular Company Code, I want to be able to click on that line and look at the Maint Plants and the values for that particular Company Code. Do you know if this is possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not use two tables: one with the overview, and at the bottom one with the details. Clicking on the line in the overview populates the bottom table with the detail information.

That's the easiest thing to do in VC. You don't really need "BI drilldown" capabilities for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

thanks for replying, but I haven't got this to work. I'm using 2 queries: 1 by Company Code and 1 by Maint Plant. Then from the Output table on Company Code, I connected it to the Input on the Maint Plant query, and then on my connection line I chose Submit.

My results come back by Company Code, but when I click on a particular Company Code line I don't get any results by Maint Plant.

What am I missing? Could you provide screen shots on how this should work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you have in both queries the same infoobject and this infoobject is connected in the connection line?

Query1 Output -> Input Table1

Table1 Output field -> Variable or Filter of Query 2

Query 2 output -> Input Table2

If you use Company code, then you have to connect the company code field from Query 2 to the output of table1.

You can send me a screenshot of your model under my sap email address (firstname.lastname@sap.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

thanks for your help. I got it to work.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use any datasource to do that. Just drop both data services on the storyboard (if those are tables from an SAP system, then you need BAPIs, otherwise you use e.g. a JDBC connection to databases), add tables to each dataservice, and connect the output port of the masterdata table with the input port of the detail data service. Map the key field, and there you go...