cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web SAP Console v6.40 and IIS v6 on Windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Good Morning, I'm having a lot of issues with WebSAP Console on IIS 6 due to performance, but I have already read something about it. My actual question is Dos someone have any documentation explaining how to configure IIS 6.0 step by step especifically to work with Web SAP Console?

Another Question is: I also have a server With IIS 5.0 installed and a randon problem that I could not identify. Some times without a specific error the web sap console displays a message into Internet Explorer: "Connection to R/3 Broken".

I need to configure IIS 6 to work as good as possibel or solve the problem with IIS 5. Please could someone help me?

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member395192
Participant
0 Kudos

In our case if parameter icm/conn_timeout too large (I set it to 360000 = 3600 sec) same trouble ocured after some time. If I set it to default (5000 usec or 5 sec) trouble not ocured.

I think it because collect so many sessions (SAP sessions and network session on both servers with SAP and IIC), that servers cannot work normally.

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

Was there ever a resolution to the 'R3 connection broken' issue. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem even i `ve followed all above steps but in my browser still the the 'R3 connection broken' issue. Any feedback would be appreciated

Web Server Postinstallation Steps

Activities

As of SAPConsole release 7.10, it is no longer recommended to use SAPConsole with SAP

J2EE Server. You should instead make use of the IIS web server which is part of the

Windows 2003 server operating system.

Configuring IIS6

Proceed as follows to configure the IIS6 for the use with SAP Console.

1. From the Start menu, choose Settings 􀁯 Control Panel 􀁯 Administrative Tools 􀁯

Services.

2. Check that the IIS Admin Service and WWW Publishing Service are started.

3. From the Start menu, choose Settings 􀁯 Control Panel 􀁯 Administrative Tools 􀁯

Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

The Information Services (IIS) Manager window opens.

4. Expand the tree in the left frame.

5. Select the node Web Site.

SAP Online Help 19.02.2008

Standalone SAPConsole 7.10 6692 28

6. Right-click Default Web Site in the right frame.

7. Choose New 􀁯 Virtual Directory.

8. Name the virtual directory, for example SAP.

9. Set up the Web Site Content Directory, for example C:\Program

Files\SAP\Console.

10. Assign Execute access permission to the virtual directory.

11. Choose Finish.

12. Select the node Web Service Extensions.

13. Right-click in the right frame.

14. Choose Add a new Web service extension.

15. Name the extension, for example WebSAPConsole.

16. At Required files, choose the Add button.

17. Browse to isapi_sapcnsl.dll, for example to C:\Program

Files\SAP\Console\isapi_sapcnsl.dll.

18. Mark Set extension status to allowed.

19. Choose OK and close the Internet Information Services window.

20. Start the WebSAPConsole via the URL

http://<host>/sap/isapi_sapcnsl.dll.

Troubleshooting in IIS6

Proceed as follows to troubleshoot in IIS6:

􁃀 Check the <host> and <port> settings of the web site and use

http://<host>:<port>/sap/isapi_sapcnsl.dll.

􁃀 Check the authentication and access control for this virtual directory.

􁃀 Check the application pool for this virtual directory.

􁃀 Check the identity control of the application pool

􁃀 Check the recycling scheme of the application pool.

In general most problems appear in user credentials and access control. This means that an

isapi.dll cannot be executed, a trace file cannot be written, a configuration file cannot be

read etc. all due to inappropriate credentials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing same issue " Connection to R/3 broken" after installing the WEBSAP CONSOLE 7.10.I have never seen this issue on WEBSAP CONSOLE 640.

When the user is executing the transactions and after pressing the function button the message pop-up "Connection to R/3 broken".

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Sam

thomas_lambert
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP Note: 1077948 addresses performance issues related to how the data is sent, http.sys vs sockets or something of that nature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony, did you solve the problem with iis5 "Connection to r3 broken", I am getting the same error - all the time and cant connect at all. Strange thing is that it used to work two months ago, but the project was delayed due to the onset of the "High Season". NOW two months later I cant get it to work at all.

Any/ALL help will be much appreciated - By the way if you have come across ANY documentation on WebSAP Console, please mail it to me at rcox@mysct.com

By the way...there are known issues with WebSAP console and IIS6 > It is VERY SLOW, probably the best solution is to stick with the iis5 and solve whatever the problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding documentation on WebSAPConsole you can find <b>WebSAPConsole Installation Guide 6.40</b> and <b>WebSAPConsole User Guide 6.40</b> at:

http://service.sap.com/scm -->Warehousing -->Extended Warehouse Management in mySAP ERP --> Radio Frequency

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Helen

Former Member
0 Kudos

At last, some documentation...THANKS! Unfortunately it sems I have been doing everything the in the manner described....I am getting an error "Connection to R3 Broken". using w2k Server.

Have you perhaps encountered this and what steps did you take to fix it?