Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item in Transfer - classic scenario!!

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am in SRM server 5.0 using the classic scenario. In a particular case a Shopping cart has been approved but not transferred to the backend system. There were no alerts in RZ20,ST22 & SM21 when checked at that time.

I have also analyzed and found that there is a table entry in the table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB for the corresponding Shopping Cart and a PO number has been generated.In the details of that entry I find that the object GUID is 00000.

The checkbox is marked as X while the X flag field is blank.

So, under normal circumstance I understand that if entry exist in this table chk whether PO number exits in REF Object no.Then in SE38 run clean REQREQ up and input the logical system name and SC No. and execute. I had run the same but still the status of the Shopping Cart remains Item in Transfer Process.

I even tried to resubmit the SC by using function module BP_PD_SC_RESUBMIT and in the field OBJECTKEY, I put the backend object ID I got from table BBP_PDBEI (PO ID) which should retry to create the backend doc, and then create an entry in BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB, ready for CLEAN_REQREQ_UP.

But even after that the status remained same.

Now atlast I have got an alert in BBP_PD for the SC which states that the

" Shopping Cart ( value of PO ID ) does not exist "

Can anyone guide me as to why this occured and how can I transfer the PO to the backend system ?

Looking forward for your expert Comments and solution..

Thanks in Advance,

Rajesh Rajendran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Check following things:

- number range in SRM and R/3 for follow-on documents (POs) must be the same

- Your RFC user must have SAP_ALL authorisation

Regards,

Marcin

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your reply. But can i know in detail the path to find the number range in SRM & follow on documents and where do you check the authorization for the RFC user for my system ?

Kindly guide!!

Awaiting your reply.

With Regards,

Rajesh Rajendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SPRO -> SRM -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Number Ranges

- Define Number Rang. per backend System for Follow-on Docs.

Check if Prefix in column Number Range POs for logical system = backend is correct.

- Define Rumber Rang. for SC and Follow-on Docs.

Check if You have exacly the same number of ranges as PO in backend system. Prefix in this ranges must be the same as prefix in column "Number Range POs" in "define no. range per backend system".

Number ranges in backend system must have "Ext" checkbox selected.

Regards,

Marcin

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Sorry for the delay!!! Thanks for the info but i checked up and found that the number range interval has been maintained in the SRM server when i checked through - transaction SPRO -> SRM -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Number Ranges - Define Number Rang. per backend System for Follow-on Docs.

But for the backsystem when i went into transaction SPRO->Cross Application Components - > General Application Functions ->Cross Application Document Numbering -> Maintain Number ranges.. when i executed the same I got an error pop up stating " For the object J_1AOFFDOC no sub-object was defined ".

What does this mean ? This should not be the case else all the Classic PO's would not go to backend ..

Can you clarify ?

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh Rajendran

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You have to maintain number range for PO in the backend but your path is not correct.

Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Define Number Ranges

AND

Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Define Document Types

Please copy document type NB to your doc type (e.g ECPO for example).

and assign your number range (e.g EC for example) to ext nb range column field

Kind regards,

Yann

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yan,

Thanks for your reply !!

I find that the Number ranges are properly maintained in the backend system and if in the first hand if those were not maintained then all the PO's hould have got this problem but only in this case I find this problem.

Kindly clarify..

With Regards,

Rajesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Then if it only occurs for one PO, please give us the delta between this PO and the other working PO .

Same user, same category....

Kind regards,

Yann

0 Kudos

Hi,

check if exist a dump (ST22) in the backend system. Otherwise check in SM37 if there are scheduled job with name POJOB.

Paolo Bitta

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh ,

Try this scenario..

Execute the function module BBP_REQREQ_TRANSFER by providing the shopping cart number and before place breakpoint at the func mod SPOOL_PO_CREATE and place breakpoint at the func mod META_PO_CREATE and Place breakpoint at the func mod B46C_PO_CREATE. At this point you at the location CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_PO_CREATE1' you may recieve the error messages in the internal table return.check this table and hope you may get the information why you are unable to pass the shopping cart to backend.

Regards,

Mani

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I think you can give me more explanation on this. Actually I just could find the function module SPOOL_PO_CREATE . The other function module META_PO_CREATE, B46C_PO_CREATE & BAPI_PO_CREATE1 could not be found at my end. Can u tell me how to go about this? It would be nice on ur part to send me the path to reach to these function modules in BBP_REQREQ_TRANSFER.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Rajesh

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

There are no dumps or no job called POJOB scheduled in SM37.

With regards,

Rajesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP provides a report to correct erroneous SC.

Please check OSS note 899006 or 949162.

You could try it.

Kind regards,

Yann

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

If you double click on the function module SPOOL_PO_CREATE , you will see the function module SPOOL_PO_CREATE_DO. In this function module you will see the 'META_PO_CREATE' function module and at the statement " CALL FUNCTION call_function " please put a break point there .

Execute the function module BBP_REQREQ_TRANSFER ,now it will stop at the breakpoint location and (do step by step debugging) it will take you to the function module B46C_PO_CREATE and then to the BAPI_PO_CREATE1 function module.

Regards,

Mani

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks for your reply. I have awarded points to you . Actually when I ran the function module BBP_REQREQ_TRANSFER yesterday for the Shopping Cart it had got submitted to the backend. I still dont understand why then in the first place it did not give the result i.e when i ran the function module a week back.. It remains a mystery !! . I would be glad if I could get an explantion from you for the entire process of the Shopping Cart being posted to backend in technical terms i.e the relevance of function modules & the BAPI's which are significant.

This would help me to understand the process better..

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Rajesh

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Good. Could you send me your email address.. i will send the docu to you.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

We are facing similar problem in our EBP System.

Could you send me the relevant document to me at my e-mail address.

atul.kant@gmail.com

Regards

- Atul

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

My email address is konkothrajesh@gmail.com.. It would be of great help if you cud send me the document.

Thanks in Advance.

With Regards,

Rajesh

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mani,

Can you send me the document? I am yet to receive it..

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Rajesh