Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 small questions: delete map and change records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2 small questions.

1. Question with import manager :How can I delete a map or change the name of a map?

2. Question with data manager: Can I change the data by mergeing? e.g. change "A.B. System Inc." to "A.B. System"?

thanks a lot!

regards,

Bin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

Using transformation u can transform "A.B. System Inc." to "A.B. System" in data manager. U just add one transformation and replace "inc." with "".Donot forget to check the box to include this replacement in the transformation.For more details you can refer to page no 457 of Data Manager reference guide.

i think we can not delete import maps and also cannot rename them.If u get any way for deleting and renaming import maps then let me know.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Start Import Manager connect to source and repository.

From the menu select file --> open.

To delete -- Mark a map and press on "Delete" key on the keyboard.

To rename -- Mark a map and press on “F2” key.

Regards,

Ronen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronen, thanks for reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks, I will have a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Do you mean to click the check box below "token"? I tried, but dosen't work, and I don't understand what does that checkbox mean even if I read the data manager guide, can you explain me in detail? thanks !

regards,

Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

With respect to your query about the <i>check box below 'Token'</i> ; it implies that the Substitution for which it(checkbox) is checked <i>(From -->To)</i> is to be applied for tokens(space delimited text) only.

Citing your example 'A.B. System Inc.'. The MDM Data Manager will split the string into tokens(space delimited text) i.e. 3 tokens namely - 'A.B.' , 'System' & 'Inc.' and as per your substitution rule will replace 'Inc.' with blank space(if checkbox is checked).

As per my knowledge, if in your matching rule <i>(Rules tab)</i> you have specified Matching Function as <i>Token Equals</i> (on your transformed field[XFM]); only then is the substitution applicable because only in that case is the string split into tokens.

The concept of tokens & token equals matching function is generally used when we want to eliminate/expand organizational name abbreviations like org., assoc., ltd., et al.

Let me know if this helped your cause.

Regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

thanks for your reply. I understood extractly as what you described, but

I tried to check the box beside from"." to "" and I saw by the preview there is no change for the company name "aaa Inc." while if I uncheck that by the preview the company name changes from "aaa Inc." to "aaa Inc". That's in contrast, is something wrong by me? thanks!

regards,

Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

To answer the 1st part --> <i>I tried to check the box beside from"." to "" and I saw by the preview there is no change for the company name "aaa Inc."</i>

Precisely, there will be no change. Is '.' space delimited? NO. Moreover, this checkbox is to be checked only in case of tokens (space delimited text) i.e. it is primarily used for Transformation of Organization Names(abbr.) and not for Transformation of Special Characters like . - _ + et al.

I think that shlould answer your query. Please mark helpful answers.

Regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, siddharth, it's clear to me now:)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't get the answer of the first question

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your 2nd question, while merging it is not possible to change the value of the merged field.

You would have to perform the cleansing of the company name post or pre merging.

Regards,

Ronen