Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Security Guru's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

Could you please explain what is the PD profiles, where we can create and in the roles.

Thanks

Purna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manohar,

Thanks for your reply.

Now I got some idea on PD profiles.

If possible can you explain detailed with one example.

Thanks

Purnachandra

3 REPLIES 3

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you want to implement Structural Authorizations in HR we normally use the PD profiles.

We ca create them in Tcodes OOSP and assign them to SAP User ID in OOSB.

To be able to perform this through the PFCG you need to activate some BADI's pertaining to this Activate the Switches pertaining to HR in Tcode OOAC. Then you will be able to Assign the Profile directly to the role in the Auth Objects P_ORGINCON, P_ORGXXCON etc.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Manaohr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manohar,

Thanks for your reply.

Now I got some idea on PD profiles.

If possible can you explain detailed with one example.

Thanks

Purnachandra

0 Kudos

Ok,

Lets say

in A sample Org Structure of a firm ABC, has four Dept Finance, HR, Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution.

I need to control access of a person to only Finance dept.

Now in this scenario I would create a profile

ZProfile with the values as follows:

Auth. Profile: ZProfile

Plan Version: (it gives the version of the Org structure to which you want this profile to control access to normally divided as current; alternative etc)

Object Type: The Object from which I want to control access from in this scenario I would like to control access from Org Unit Finance so it would be "O"

Object ID: Is a unique no associated to each Org Unit( you can get this from PPOME)

Evaluation Path: Its the way the you want the profile to present the ORg strcuture (let say O-S-P in this example).

Remaining are optional. Refer to documentation to know about them

Now save this, you need to create a transport req or this to save it.

After saving it add this to a user ID in OOSB tcode.

Then go to PPOME and try to display all Org structures in your system. Now you will be able to display only Finance Dept if the previous steps are properly executed.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Manohar