cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft CRM WSDL: How to use in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we try to call a WebService in Microsoft CRM.

The microsoft developer gave us a WSDL. This one seems to be very dynamic.

Do you have any god links, tutorials?.

Thanks a lot

Regards Mario

null

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Is it a Document literal WSDL or a RPC encoded one? Take a look at this note: 856597, where you have a question on the type of WSDL and also on converting from one style to another for compatibility.

>>The microsoft developer gave us a WSDL. This one seems to be very dynamic.

Could you elaborate on this.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I was googling a little bit searching informations about the MS CRM 3.0 WebServices (called: crmservice).

It seems to be very difficult.

I saw a company writing a adapter for Biztalk, because the WSDL is to complicated to use.

The WSDL is about 273 pages!

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra & Bhavesh,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately this does not solve the problem.

Read this:

http://www.biztalk-adapter.de/biztalk_eng/faq_crm.asp?navid=4

Regards Mario

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

Did u try to invoke a simple webservice first from XI? go to www.xmethods.com, there you can find lot of simple web services with wsdl file available. Just try executing one webservice from there, then u'll get an idea as how to invoke the Microsoft CRM web service. Technically any webservice should be same.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

everthing you write is OK. We knew this already.

The problem is the Microsoft WSDL. We do not know how to use it.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

using External definition import into IR.

Create the Message interface eaither source or target..now create anothere DT,MT and Message interface ..do the simple file to file scenario using this WSDl..so that you will understand..wsdl means just like strucutre.

Regards,

Venu.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario

Did you have a look at the SOAP adapter FAQ ? It has a list of WSDL's which XI supports.

Am not very sure but I think XI supports Document Style and RPC style WSDL's. Can you check if it supports Microsoft WSDL format?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

great!!!

Do you have a link to FAQ SOAP?

Where can I find it?

Regards Mario

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario,

SOAP adapter FAQ --> http://service.sap.com/notes --> note number : 856597

Not sure if it actually helps though!

<i>Does the RPC or Document style in WSDL play a role in the SOAP adapter?

A: No. These styles are used in WSDL to describe how the message is represented as a SOAP message. And this corresponds to how the XI payload is represented. You must make sure that your XI proxy is generating the valid payload according to the given WSDL in whatever the style. If this is not the case (e.g., your proxy is generated by another WSDL and there is a mismatch in how the payload must look), you need to configure some mapping to match the payload.

Related Questions "Can I convert an RPC styled WSDL to a document styled WSDL?"

Q: Can I convert an RPC styled WSDL to a document styled WSDL?

A: It is difficult to answer yes or no because the answer depends on the WSDL instance and the implementation of the code that binds the XML instance to some native object. The problem comes from the fact that these two styles describe web services in different layers. The document style WSDL describes how one can bind an XML document to the SOAP message format. In contrast, the RPC style WSDL describes how one can bind an object to the SOAP message format. One can imagine that this works in two steps: first representing the object as an XML document and then binding this XML document to the SOAP message format. How this first step works is controlled by the SOAP encoding name. For the standard encoding specified in the SOAP specification, most objects can be easily described in an equivalent XML schema. Some special objects such as references and arrays must be represented by some special rules and some additional meta information in XML. This implies that these additional attributes and elements must also be described in the XML schema and the document style based proxy must set these values in the instance appropriately.

One must however note that even if one has an equivalent document style WSDL, this does not automatically guarantees the interoperability. Some RPC styled service implementations have significant interoperability problems such as requiring the xsi:type attribute for every element or the SOAP encoding attribute at some particular element. If one has to call such non conformant SOAP service, one must adjust the message accordingly.

Attachment wsdl_style_samples. zip contains some examples of WSDL documents and sample SOAP messages that illustrate how one can write an equivalent WSDL in another style.

Related Questions "Does the RPC or Document style in WSDL play a role in the SOAP adapter?"</i>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Import that wsdl in XI in external definitions node.

Then create message type and message interface using this external definition.

Then use this message interface as ur outbound or inbound interface.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shweta,

we already know what to do in IR.

The problem is the generated MICROSOFT wsdl.

We do not not how to use this.

Regards Mario