Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing transport domain controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

need your help.

My qas system is currently configured as the transport domain controller and no back up domain controllers were configured. Now the QAS system has failed leaving me with prod and dev running, and i need to transport some stuff to prod using dev how do i do that with the qas down. and how do i change the domain controller from Qas to prod.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the domain controller is failed you cannot transport stuff.Again you have to configure the domain controller.

Go to STMS and try to create new domain controller(dev\prd)

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

yes i tried STMS on dev and prd. went to overview>change. It just tells me that changes must be made on domain controller. how do i create a new domain controller. i logged in client 000 went to stms and it just shows me the currently configured transport system. how do i do create a new domain controller?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to delete the existing TMS Configuration first..Check the link in my last post.It tells to delete the TMS

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to delete the existing TMS Configuration first.

Go to <b>STMS->systemoverview</b>

In the main menu goto <b>Extras->delete tms configyration</b>

Again goto STMS->transport routes.

If any routes is there delete those routes.

Save it and configure again

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Try this little gem:

In client 000, run transactrion STMS. Now, in the input field where you normally type transaction codes, type DICO just like you type a t-code except without a "/n" - just DICO - it's a sub-function within STMS. You see a nice display of all the underlying config, and you'll also a handy little trashcan icon. Hit the traschcan and your STMS config will be deleted.

Now - If this ain't worth a few points - nothing is

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i Know ican throw some suggestions to this..

As u have no backup domain controller and ur domain controller is down..U cannot make any changes in Transport system..All u have to do is to reconfigure the Transport system from the scrap..Lets wait if some other experienced friends comeup with any other solutions..

Kind Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

ah I see.... when you say reconfigure the transport system from scrap, how do i do that? do you mean resetup the r/3 systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nope..First delete the TMS configurations, the login in 000 client reconfigure TMS on two servers..

Check this link

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/44/b4a1367acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">Click here</a>

Kind regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks i'll check the link