cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts in ESS/MSS NWDI installtion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to implement ESS/MSS through NWDI. Let me first explain u the steps that i followed.

Working in NW04s SP09. With 04s NWDI comes with the installation so i was successful in creating a normal track and create DCs.

I m now trying to create a track for ESS/MSS. In SLD i saw a S/w componnet SAP_ESS and SAP_MSS.

1. Is this the component that we should be adding while creating a track?

2. I read the ESS cookbook and it said that the required sca files should be added to the inbox folder. Should i need to deploy the SAP_ESS,SAP_MSS,SAPCUI_GP files in SDM or can i just copy it and paste in the inbox folder?

3. I tried downloading the sca files from market place, but could not find the correct version of it. Can you please specify what is the exact name of the file i should be downloading?

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

1. yes

2. If you want to run the (unmodified) application you should deploy the SCAs using SDM. If you want to import them into a track there is no need to deploy the SCA, you simply copy them to the inbox of CMS and use the "Checkin" from the CMS landscape configurator to import the SCA content into DTR/CBS.

3. What do you mean with "correct version"? SP09 of NW04s corresponds to ESS 6.00 SP6 and you can get the SCAs from the path "Support Packages and Patches -> SAP Application Components -> SAP ERP -> SAP ERP 2005 -> Entry by Component" SAP XSS (Self Services)"

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply.

I have downloaded the files from the SAP Marketplace and is ready to use.

1) I have 2 SAP_ESS SW component while importing to track. One for 100 and another for 600. IF i m right we should be using 600. Also 100 contains only 4 sca files but 600 contains 28 sca files. Should we need to download all the 28 sca files and paste in the inbox folder?

2)U mean to say that if i m going to use the downladed file as such i should be deploying it in the SDM else if i want to modify the existing one just a copy of it in the inbox folder should do, Right?

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Message was edited by:

Nagarajan Kumarappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

1. ESS 1.00 is for NW04, 6.00 is for NW04s. There were several SCs added in 6.00, but not all of them are meant to be modified. I think the cookbook attached to note 872892 has more details.

You only need to checkin those SCs were you want to make modifications and those SCs that contain libraries required to build the (source/developed) SCs.

2. Yes. The idea is that if you want to modify an SC you check it in using CMS, modify sources using NWDS, activate your changes so that CBS builds the (modified) sources and deploys them to the runtime system configured in CMS. If you don't modify an SC you can simply deploy it directly.

Regards,

Marc