cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapdb_validate_system() error - Install SCM 4.1

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Sorry to put this message here (I don´t know if I put on WEBAS forum or here) but I´m having trouble on SCM 4.1 central instance installation after I inform entries that my livecache will have. The last screen of installation ( where I put info for livecache and inform where is my DVD), I got the error bellow:

guiengine: login in process..

ERROR 2005-02-17 10:26:42

abortInstallation

MDB-070021 Registry information for database software found in system but the software check failed. The softw

are was not properly removed or installed incorrectly.

SAPinst component stack:

========================

Preinstall|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0

Current script:

===============

sapdb_validate_system();

On sapinst.log I have this error:

ERROR 2005-02-17 10:26:42

MDB-070021 Registry information for database software found in system but the software check failed. The softw

are was not properly removed or installed incorrectly.

WARNING 2005-02-17 10:26:42

The step Validate_Sapdb_System with step key SAPSYSTEM_CI|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|

0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|LIVECACHECLIENT|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPDB_DB_SOFTWARE|ind|ind|ind|ind|i

nd|0|Validate_Sapdb_System was executed with status ERROR.

WARNING 2005-02-17 10:26:52

An error occurred during the installation.

The SO that I´m installing is AIX 5.2. The server didn´t have any other SAP installation or SAPDB Database.

My doubt is if I have to first install Livecache before install SCM. (as that function sapdb_validate_system calls some indep programs for SAPDB and I don´t have any indep/dep files).

Many thanks!

Daniela Godoi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

I'm sorry, but this issue should be handled in OSS/CSS. If you've already opened a message for it, please be patient.

Just an indicator: from our prespective it sounds as though there has been a SAP DB, MaxDB or liveCache installation on this system before, but that it wasn't cleaned totally, or correctly. Maybe parts of the following still exist:

1. etc/opt/sdb

2. /usr/spool/sql/ini/SAP_DBTech.ini

I know you said that there hasn't been a liveCache installation before, but the error indicates that thatmight not be the case.

Kind regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland

Many thanks for your reply ... I read an old message that I wrote here and another colleague of yours wrote something about registry information on /usr/spool/sql. I checked this directory and I found some info for another server there. So, I just renamed this directory and the installation continues.

Many many thanks !

Daniela

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey, I face the the same problem.

How did you solve it?

Best wishes,

Erdal