cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bucket Consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could anyone please explain what is the significance of bucket consumption?

When these values are required?

And how these values to be populated in PPM thru R/3?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member353207
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sagi,

have a look at note 321474 in the OSS system. If you implement the mentioned user-exists, the coding will create proposals for the bucket-consumption.

regards Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

Thanks dear,

It solved my problem.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are we talking PP/DS PPM's or SNP PPM's?

They are automatically populated in PP/DS PPM's but they are based upon the output component's Base Qty. And if the value is small, sometimes it does not get transferred.

Ken Snyder

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sagi,

Kindly Check:

- If a User Exit is blocking the time information coming from R/3 to APO.

Is it that only Fixed Bucket Consumptions are being displayed or neither Fixed nor bucked consumptions are being populated?

- Check the Scheduling Formula

Is Overhead Time maintained in R/3 for Operations?

Check the above and let me know.

regards

Sudhir

regards,

Sudhir Gulati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Regarding scenario,

1. Work centers are single mixed resources, i.e can be used for PPDS as well as SNP.

2. Activity times (includes Machine and setup hrs) have been maintained in Master recipe.

3. Production version exists and they are consistent.

4. All these resources are relevant to finite scheduling and the formulas are working perfectly well in R3.

Problem:

1. I transfer the PRD versions from R3 to APO via CIF.

2. After transfering, I try to activate PPM in APO .

3. Error message saying <b>bucket consumtion values for &resources and &Plant are missing. </b>

4. I will go to that particular field and enter bucket consumption values manually.

5. i will activate the PPM. It works fine.

My question is do i need to enter these bucket consumtion values manually everytime i CIF PPM's or is there any other procedure to populate these values auto'ly.

And there are no user exits firing up.

Thanks in advance

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bucket Consumption is required for SNP since SNP is a bucket-oriented planning where your bucket definition could be a day(Min. Bucket Size)/week/month. Bucket Consumption refers to the times taken by operations.

The Bucket Consumption values get populated in the fixed and variable bucket consumption fields of Modes in PPM's each operation as per the following:

1) Scheduling Formula defined in the R/3 Work Center

2) Cleaning, Running, Overhead, Set Up, Teardown Times maintained in R/3 Recipe's Operation

3) Material Consumption(output Component): The Variable Times(Running Times in R/3) are adjusted as per the output material's Quantity defined in the PPM.

Hope this helps,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I was trying to update bucket consumption values based on your explaination. But after transferrring PRD ver to APO as PPM, these values are not getting populated.

It would be great if you can explain more details about how to transfer the bucket consumption values to PPM.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagi,

I hope you have maintianed all the relevent data in work centre.

have indicated the work centre capacity as relevant to finite scheduling.

whether the work centre is mentioned in the Production version???

Have you transferred the work centre from r/3 to APO??? just check this...i think your problem will get solved after this check..

if still it does not work give your details scenario so that can understand and revert back to you.

regards

Kiran