cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice for Sales orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i m trying to post some Sales order Idoc's to CRM system from a SOAP client but i dont know which webservice to use.

do you guys know any webservice which i can use to post IDoc's to CRM and then send the response back to the webservice.

i m actually trying to implement a SOAP to IDoc scenario with acknowledgement sent bak to SOAP.

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

><i>I m trying to post some Sales order Idoc's to CRM system from a SOAP client but i dont know which webservice to use.</i>

You will expose the Outbound Interface in XI ad a Webservice and then use this to trigger the webservice call from the SOAP client to XI . I dont think you need a specific webservice here, as your Message Interface acts as a webservice.

If you are looking at invoking a webservice from XI, then yes, you would need to have a webserivce running somewhere, but, from your SOAP - XI - Idoc, You would not need a webservice, instead, you expose your interface as a webservice in XI so that external apps can access the same!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Bhavesh

u have always been beein helpin me out:)

well actually the kind of scenario i m thinking of to implement is something like this:

There is a company ABC which allows users to do online shopping through its website,now when a user wants to buy anything he adds it to cart and then submits his request,this information has to be transferred to CRM system in the form of sales order IDoc ( i m not sure i m right in this or wrong,but based upon my limited knowledge i thought of this example,correct me where i m wrong),once the Idoc are submitted,a response is sent back to the user.

now for this type this requirement,i will need some webservice,right?

well basically i m new to both XI and SAP,i have a SOAP to IDOC scenario but i dont know what is an ideal real world condition in which this scenario is implemented.

as ur working in XI ,do u mind telling me where i m wrong.

i just want a real world requirement in which a SOAP to IDOC is implemented,preferably with CRM.

hope i have cleared my question.

lemme know if u need any more info

thanx n appreciate ur help

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

When the user Clicks on Submit to Purchahse his items, a Webservice call needs to be made to XI which will forward the same to the Idoc. Correct?

Now, in your Webapplication, you would need to use the WSDL you have generated for the outbound message interface in XI to load the correct input data and trigger it to XI. I am not a Web App Guy , but , somneone who know this can surely help!

So, with respect to XI, what would matter is You are creating a WSDL in XI and this WSDL will be used by your Shopping Cart to populate the data and initiate the call to XI.!

Also, as you are dealing with A Shopping cart, a better solution would be to use either proxies or RFC's instead of an Idoc. Reason is that RFC and Procxies support synch processing and Idoc's do not support synch processing. So, if you are going to use Idoc's then you would need a BPM and so,also look at the possiblities of replacing the Idoc with an RFC or a Proxy!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Bhavesh

do you mind giving me your e-mail address so that i can explain to you in more detail ,why and what i m actually looking for .

hope u wont mind

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will find my yahoo mail id in my B card.

But, please post the question on the forum itself as this way more people can read the question and you can get better responses! I am not always correct and I make my mistakes as well.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Bhavesh

well actually the thing is i m gonna have an interview for SAP XI in a day or two, i m fresher in XI and have put some scenarios in my resume out of whic SOAP to IDoc is one,definately in my interview they are gonna ask me what i did in this scenario,now i cant say i took help from SDN and did this scenario,i have to come up with some real world scenario,right?so i waz thinking of this real world requirement (of company ABC)

i just need a real world requirement which will suitably fit the SOAP to IDoc scenario:)

thanx

ahmad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you read this series /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii which will help u?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Check this url where you have to download the zip files. I think this is the webservice for sales order where he has used for peoplesoft. But I think the same webservice you can use.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/bpel_cookbook/pravin.html?rssid=rss_otn_articles

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx satish