cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Message Monitoring - Mapping custom fields for search in monitor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to map a reference field so that searching for a specific message is more user friendly?

For example, we produce hundreds of outbound SHPMNT04 messages each day. Would it be possible to map a field such as E1EDT20.TKNUM (Shipment Number) to a field in the monitor (SXMB_MONI) such as "Outbound Reference" so we can easily search on this field?

Currently we use a combination of WE09 and IDX5 to find a specific message. Obviously, this is cumbersome and time-consuming.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

If you want to search a message using any value in the payload then you have to extend your search in SXMB_MONI. You can create a ZSXMB_MONI transaction and can add your logic.

Go through this Alex weblog on how to achive this:

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/02/14/super-message-monitor-for-sap-xi

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael and Satish,

Thanks for your simultaneous replies. Looks like great minds think alike. After briefly looking at the weblog that both of you referenced, it appears that this may be exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm on my way out of the office at the moment and will give this a try tomorrow and provide feedback at that time.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

of course it is possible in many ways

there are at least two ways

the first one is to use Trex search for xi + standard

the second one is described in this weblog + but remember that

without indexing this will take long to search like this

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/02/14/super-message-monitor-for-sap-xi

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think thats possible in SXMB_MONI. It only takes predefined fields like interface name, sender, receiver, party, service etc etc. I dont see an option for custom field there.

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Archana.

When changing the layout in SXMB_MONI, I noticed that there were several "reference" fields that were blank. I believe that one of them was "outbound reference". I was hoping that we could populate one of these fields during mapping to enable a user to search more directly, rather that to first find the IDOC# in WE05/WE09, then search by IDOC# in IDX5.

Just trying to save the user a step or two.