cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async-Sync Bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented Sync-Async bridge using the steps Sync Recv --> Async Send --> Async Recv --> Sync Send and its working fine.

I want to do Async-Sync bridge ( Between Async Sender / Sync Receiver).

I am assuming Async Recv --> Sync Send --> Sync Recv -- Async Send will achive this, though I am yet to try it.

1. Are these the correct step for Async/Sync bridge?

2. In my Async/Sync bridge, along with the Sync Receiver Interfaces, there are two more Async receivers that will receive the message from Async Sender.

How do I include these two Async receivers in the process.

TIA,

Lao Hsu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you need any Asyn/sync bridge ?

If you are recieving the message in the Async manner, and sending this message to Sychnornously an dgetting the response and sending these to multiple Recievers , then no need of any Bridge here.

For refer this blog- /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my scenario

1. R/3 will send an IDOC1 to XI -- Async Request

2. IDOC1 is mapped to xml and will be posted to an external webserivce (sync req).

3. The response from WebService (Sync Resp) is received in XI and will be posted to the same R/3 via ALEAUD (Async Response).

4. The IDOC1 that is received in async in step1 is also mapped to a falt file, another xml and two other Business systems need to receive the same message along with external webservice, in parallel (no split or switch).

Here the message in IDOC1 needs to be send to an external webservice, a flat file, a xml file in parallel ( without split or switch) and the response from webservice needs to be sent to R/3 via ALEAUD.

If not the bridge, how would I do this?

Thanks,

-- Hsu.

Message was edited by:

Steve Hsu

null

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be acheived as per the suggested blog.

1) Receive the IDoc message in BPM

2) Send Mapped message into WebService Synchrnously ( Use Dummy structure to map the Webservice Response .. ie.

- Mapping Between IDoc Message and Webservice Request

- Response Mapping- Webservice Response and Dummy Structure

3) Send this Dummy structure asynchrnously with required mapping

4) To make it parallel processing, you can make use of FORK step in BPM to send multiple messages into multiple Receivers.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy