cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and message type for webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

if i m using a webservice in my message interface and am using input and output message as the one from webservice dont i need to create data type and message type for webservice?

also under what conditions we will be required to create them for webservice.

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

If u load the WSDL file for the web service it creates the message type for u. do u have wsdl file?

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

well until now i waz making use of WSDL files availabe on sdn but now i want to make a WSDL of my own,i guess i can do that in ID->Define webservice,right?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>well until now i waz making use of WSDL files availabe on sdn but now i want to make a WSDL of my own,i guess i can do that in ID->Define webservice,right?</i>

You create WSDL thru that process only for your soap sender.

If you are calling an external webservice thru soap receiver, you need to use the wsdl of the that webservice.ID will not help you to get the wsdl for this purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

then that probably means i have to buy the external webservices,right?

thanx

ahmad

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to test the scenarios, to work on then there are some free webservices available.

For this refer this blog-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

These blogs are good starters.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Go to www.xmethods.com. There you can find lot of web services which u can execute from XI. U can download the WSDL for each service from that site.

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx guys