cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating PO from non-SAP backend to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

We have SRM4.0 ( classic Scenario ) with Non-sap backened system.

I just need to know, for replicating PO from non-sap backend system to EBP, what all ( settings, ---) we need to configure?

Do we need any BAPI also for this?

Regards

Neelesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks to Marcin and Gerardo.

Ya, your answers are really helpful. Just my last doubt in this is, we already had PO in non-sap backend system and we use classic scenario. In classic scenario, I heard, we don't have PO in EBP system, but because of something, we need PO in EBP also, thatswhy, I was asking , how to replicate PO from non-sap backend system to EBP .

So, in this case also,FM's BBP_PD_PO_CREATE or NOR3_PO_CREATE will do my work????

I will really appreciate, if you can clarify this. Immedaitely, I will close this thread.

Thanks once again!!

Regards

Neelesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neelesh,

In classic scenario:

- You implement Enterprise Buyer and one or more back end systems (SAP or Non-SAP). All Materials Management is mapped in the ERP system. All materials management documents (such as purchase orders, goods receipts, service entry sheets, and invoices) exist in the back end system. <b>No purchase orders are mentioned</b>

- When the shopping cart is ordered, a workflow is triggered that checks whether approval is necessary.

- If approval is required, a work item is sent to the Inbox of the relevant approver.

- If approval is not required, the necessary purchase requisitions, purchase orders or reservations are created for the shopping cart. Which documents are created, and in which back end system, depends on the information in the shopping cart and on the settings in Customizing for Enterprise Buyer.

So, in this case, you will need to try to create the PO's using those FM's, check if there's not error message returned and the PO document was created... If it is not created, then i will say that it's not possible because of the scenario that you are using...

Maybe if this requirement is mandatory, you will need to switch to another scenario, like decoupled: you will need to check more information about this before trying to switch.

- You have a productive MM back end system, but want to handle parts of the process locally and other parts within the MM system. This means that specific shopping basket items create POs or requisitions with all follow-on processes in the back end MM, while others are processed locally.

- For example, office supplies could be processed locally while all items for plant maintenance goods are processed in the back end system. This makes sense if you have already defined your communication interface to your supplier (for example, EDI-Interface)..

- Whether the system creates a PO in the back end system or locally depends on the product category. You have to define in the customizing whether the product category is a local product category or a back end product category,. By using a BADI, you can define your own rules.

- Where there are several back end systems, you can define how back end systems are determined using Customizing.

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Gerardo.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

thanks a lot!!

We are using Classic scenario not extended. Could you plz explain little bit more?

Regards

Neelesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neelesh,

As i told you before, you just setup connections between SRM and the Backend when using SAP R/3 as BE in the extended scenario, which is not your case...

You have some choices to communicate SRM with your legacy backend:

a) Using XI (which i strongly recommend) to use the XI adapters and process management to exchange data between SRM and the BE mostly online.

b) If your legacy supports java connector architecture, you can use JCO to plug some communications between SRM and the BE.

c) If a) and b) are not available, use flat files (like xml or cvs) and use jobs and programs to take those files to create the documents into SRM (not recommended).

I hope this can give you a larger scope of what you can do to plug SRM with the legacy BE.

BR,

Gerardo.

Please reward helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a function module for non-R/3 backend system: NOR3_PO_CREATE

or You can use function BBP_PD_PO_CREATE.

Like Gerrardo says, better way (SAP recomend) is to use Exchange Infrastructure to it, but if You don't have XI You can use flat file and one of this modules or (through Java Connector) small java program to replicate non-R/3 purchase order.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For both choices:

XI or flat files, the FM that Marcin said BBP_PD_PO_CREATE is the one that will work to achieve your requirement...

If you need further help to know how to create PO's using this FM, please close this thread and open a new one asking how to use it...

Regards,

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neelesh,

Unless someone has a different opinion of this...

You just need to do some setup when using extended scenario using R/3 as BE, so i think that you will need to use XI or a direct connection between SRM and your nonSap BE, if you have JCO connector you can use RFC's or BAPI's.

BR,

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help on this?????