cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Integration with PLM!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can we Integrate with PLM? with using adobe forms and workflow?

If you have any documentaion regarding this please do send me: <u>girish.mdm@gmail.com</u>

Highly appreciated for all the inputs!!!

Thanks & Best Regards,

Girish

Message was edited by:

Gireesh NetWeaver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any sort of integration between MDM and a mySAP application such as PLM can be done one of several ways. First, there is the tried and proven method which is to use Exchange Infrastructure as the message broker. The trick with MDM as opposed to most of the other SAP applications is the fact that there is no native ALE, so it sort of has to be treated as a third-party software product in order to integrate using XI. If you are interested in this method, you can check out these two weblogs which don't detail your exact secario, but will give you a better understanding of how to integrate MDM to NetWeaver apps:

1. Either way you go, you will need to configure the MDM syndication server, this blog I wrote should help you with that:

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/11/27/mdm-syndication

2. If you want to use XI as the message broker check out my other blog:

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario

The other methods of integrating MDM with PLM is with the two API's for MDM. This of course being the ABAP API and the JAVA API. Check out <a href="https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004121872006E">THIS LINK</a> (which requires a marketplace login) which provides great documentation on the ABAP API. It has everything you need to get started.

And of course the MDM wiki has a link for more information on the ABAP API:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/masterDataManagement

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harrison,

This is awesome! thanks a lot for the useful information...

I Wish Happy NewYear 2007. May the New Year bring cheer, joy and happiness for you, your family & friends!

Cheers,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

I am also looking for such documentation on PLM!

if you find any, please FW to pooja.mdm@gmail.com

Thanx,

Pooja