Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing of multiple messages Using BPM

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am pretty much a newbie to this XI technology. I am currently testing a File to File scenario Concerning BPM. The source file contains multiple messages in an XML structure. How can each of these XML messages be posted as individual files? I have reffered to this <a href="/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi on BPM as a guideline; but here the number of messages are restricted and I want to dynamically determine how many messages are contained in the XML file. Anybody has any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can do this without BPM with the help of SPlit concept in the Enhanced Interface Dterminitaion option in the configurtaion. ie one file , multiple output files.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

WIth BPM , you need to execute the 1:N Tranformation step inside the bpm. For this you can refer this blog-

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

There are also BPM Pattern delivered by SAP on this. You can find this in the SAP BASIS Software component in the integration reposiotry

Regards,

Moorthy

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The blog you mentioned is for cutting one file into 2 files.

I think you need to use the "<b>ParForEach</b>" step in the BPM. This step is used to loop on a multiple line message and create a single message in one branch. Then you can add a send step in this branch and end only one message.

<u>See the Flight Demo :</u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5a/cede3fc6c6ec06e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

<u>Object in IR :</u>

BASIS -> http://sap.com/xi/XI/Demo/Agency -> BPM -> MultipleFlightBookingCoordination

Regards,

Chris